Possible first experience with a HUT opponent "glitching" a game? How to be sure it's reportable?

by plaidsyrup

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible first experience with a HUT opponent "glitching" a game? How to be sure it's reportable?

★ Novice

Hi there. First time I've asked a question but today I experienced a player making some strange choices towards the end of a close 2-0 game (in my favor)

First he cleared the puck into the stands for a delay of game... he did this three times so I was 5 on 3, but even then, he still kept chucking it out.

He then seemed to pull the goalie then unpull the goalie back and forth, then suddently, an error popped up, saying I lost the sync to my opponent, and that this game would not count towards the leaderboards.

I tried to find his profile, but the game history was erased, as it did not see it as a game played?

I read this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/NHL-14/Cheaters-Do-Not-Prosper-How-to-Report-Cheaters/td-p/1501341

So I understand how to handle this, but before following through on that I want to be sure this is an exploit. Does any of this sound familiar? Is this a known error/exploit? I want to be sure it's a known issue and repeatable before I beleive it was used in poor taste, rather than hassle a mod about it if it's just a chance bug/error... Just seemed the timing was just all too perfect, especially with a season title in DIV 1 on the line for me. ( I lost the next game 5-0, but I'd rather lose 5-0 honestly, then end a game in this fashion!)

cheers,

Message 1 of 6 (2,512 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Possible first experience with a HUT opponent "glitching" a game? How to be sure it's

★ Guide

You're not the 1st person I've seen complaining about someone glitching a game out by pulling/replacing the goalie over and over. It's pretty sad that people have to find any and every way to CHEAT (and yes that IS cheating) OTHER PLAYERS just to what? Say you won? No money involved. Not even any real bragging rights ( even less so when you have to cheat who knows how many people out of a win before they get their ONE ). On the plus side plaidsyrup, imagine how PATHETIC that persons life is that they feel the NEED to CHEAT just to avoid getting a loss on their record. If the CHILD (age doesn't matter you'd have to be a pathetic kid to NEED to cheat) has to go to THAT MUCH trouble just to get a win....... Just be thankful YOUR life isn't as PATHETIC and EMPTY as the cheaters life MUST be.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,755 Views)

All Replies

Re: Possible first experience with a HUT opponent "glitching" a game? How to be sure it's

★ Guide

You're not the 1st person I've seen complaining about someone glitching a game out by pulling/replacing the goalie over and over. It's pretty sad that people have to find any and every way to CHEAT (and yes that IS cheating) OTHER PLAYERS just to what? Say you won? No money involved. Not even any real bragging rights ( even less so when you have to cheat who knows how many people out of a win before they get their ONE ). On the plus side plaidsyrup, imagine how PATHETIC that persons life is that they feel the NEED to CHEAT just to avoid getting a loss on their record. If the CHILD (age doesn't matter you'd have to be a pathetic kid to NEED to cheat) has to go to THAT MUCH trouble just to get a win....... Just be thankful YOUR life isn't as PATHETIC and EMPTY as the cheaters life MUST be.

Message 2 of 6 (2,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I agree. Unfortunately a game developer that is making a game of this kind (sport simulation) is never going to be able to build in enough fail safes within it's programming to account for any and all technical issues... especially ones that effect whatever "fame and fortune" one gains from finding a way out of a loss.

I've been playing EA games since 98', and it's only in the last two years that I've gotten into online. My record has never been amazing. I'm ussually quick on the rise, and then bobble around with good competition. my win ratio is like, 1.3 I think?

At the very least, it would be nice to have a history of "connections" made, even if a game hasnt been finished, to be able to report these people. What's worse is that he started to do this at the start of the third, and anybody who has played 100+ games of NHL is going to know that 2 goals can be nothing if you find a way to get that tough 1st.

You're always going to have people in competitive settings, gaming or otherwise, trying to find exploits. Call it human nature.

I'm sure that if I knew who it was, maybe that would make a difference (pity?) but all in all... I do this for fun, and my "record" is the least of my worries. It's still a game I'll enjoy... just hoping they build in a better support system seen in MMO's, where a person's online activity is recorded at all times. It may be that a game feature with only 200k users isnt enough to get that kind of treatment, but it would go a long way, just to make the game feel a little more regulated...

this all kinda makes me think of baseball... haha :P

cheers,

Message 3 of 6 (2,446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The exact same thing happened to me. I was playing HUT and I was leading with 2 - 0. Then he pulled in and out his goalie and delay of game penalties. The game later crashed and I was not recieving any pucks for the "win". I'm in Division 1 and this kinda sucks. Just reported him and the bug! 

Message 4 of 6 (2,437 Views)

★ Novice
Yep, you need to fix this ea,, just happened to me so I googled it and sure enough this.blog showed up, the guys xbox 360 login is ECNz Ninja beware!!

He sent me,a msg after it glitch out laughing and said to bad for me. I said id report it, but he knows nothing will happened cuz he just laughed
I guess the only way to beat these glitchers is try to keep the puck away so they cant shoot it oht, really sad ea.......
Message 5 of 6 (2,060 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Wow, someone just did this to me. Haha , how sad. The guy I played before him sent me a message almost crying complaining about my team. I wish there was a way to only play against other adults.
Message 6 of 6 (1,917 Views)