Re: Online connectivity problems! HELP!

by technomangx

Original Post

Online connectivity problems! HELP!

★★★ Newbie

I would sincerely appreciate any help anyone could offer. I've been working to get back to playing my online player in drop in games, but my last xbox broke and I was also using a different internet provider.

Now, I get to the drop in games and either lag out or are so ridiculously slow. I know my NAT is fine. I've tried clearing the cache and redownloading the updates. I've tried forwarding my ports 53,80,88, and 3074, but that still has me seeing just 1 red bar in the drop in screen and I have full bars on my internet. I'm wondering if I didn't forward my ports correctly or what on my my netgear router. 

Any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it? THANK YOU!

Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My download speed is 10.3 and my upload is .77, but my ping is 675ms. Any ideas on what might be dragging me down?

Message 2 of 3 (191 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have same problem as both of u commenting on, tracing only tells you if you hav a certain ping number from ur inernet line  in the ea trace is causing a problem, What i learned from my internet provider  is as a last resort, you may have to reset ur modem and ur computer to original manufacture settings, Not saying it will automatically work, but give it try guys, i will soon before nhl 15. They also say this because if u ever once get spyware or malware or viruses or been phished at , even if u cleaned it up they still have a way to locate ur ip address an infiltrate when ur not online as they find a way to keep their junk dormant in your computer system which works with anything that is used for online, this what they told me , tech support i dont believe everything they say but this is their profession, i wish i had studied computer stuff instead in college.

Message 3 of 3 (177 Views)