Re: Nhl 14 advanced fighting controls

by 82Rules

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nhl 14 advanced fighting controls

★★★★★ Novice

So howcome the computer can throw us around hold our torsos down and feed punches to your face. i know how to dodge and shove a little bit but how do I throw people around like the computer does? is there some extra controls i dont know about?

Message 1 of 3 (19,396 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

Are you talking about the hold down state?  The one where you are basically stuck there?  If you press RT to dodge a punch and then press LT right after the dodge you can put your opponent into this hold down state (its not 100%, there is some timing needed).  You will have him pinned and can feed him punches.  The only way to get out from that state is for the guy pinned down to dodge a punch that is thrown.  He will then get back up.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (19,748 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Are you talking about the hold down state?  The one where you are basically stuck there?  If you press RT to dodge a punch and then press LT right after the dodge you can put your opponent into this hold down state (its not 100%, there is some timing needed).  You will have him pinned and can feed him punches.  The only way to get out from that state is for the guy pinned down to dodge a punch that is thrown.  He will then get back up.

Message 2 of 3 (19,749 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that this works.

For PS3, it would be R2, then L2, but someone suggested you press right stick 'up' as well.

I lost 3 fights in a row last night in EASHL last night because I pressed RS down. Oops.

If you master this, you're golden. This one skinny kid kept instigating. I refused. Good thing I did. He beat down one of my teammates, a much bigger dude, because he got him in this state. It looks funny. If you're getting whupped, it's embarrassing!

Message 3 of 3 (12,643 Views)