Networking / online Lag/delay

by WDukeman22

Original Post

Networking / online Lag/delay

★★★ Novice

when I play certain people online something happens between our connections which makes all my players seem very heavy in weight and very slow in everything they do. Passing, skating, shooting, turning. It all happens very slowly and has a lot of delay to all my button pushes. on the other hand every one on the other teams seems to be extremly fast in everything they do. I`ll have a breakaway with my fastest player and the other teams 3rd line D-man will turn around and catch me and bump me off the puck. Because of this all my passes are of because they dependant on how long I hold down pass. So because theres massive delay the timing gets thrown off. Same with my shots and skating. When I`m skating down the ice if i hold left for 2 seconds and then right for two seconds my character is still skating in the other direction for a solid 1-2 seconds before he skates in the direction that I am pushing.

I play a lot online. I have probably over 700+ games played and have played a lot of the same people over and over and over again and I have noticed that every time I play certain people this problem happens. Whether I am the home team or they are the home team it does not matter.

So I have two questions...

1) is this problem me and is it something I can fix on my end?

2) is this just gaming online with normal connection problems like servers ETC?

Also, I know it is not a distance problem because this problem happens with people who live within 1-2 hours driving distance of where I live.

Message 1 of 1 (131 Views)