NHL14 HUT Packs consumer feedback !

by nyhcdom2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL14 HUT Packs consumer feedback !

★★ Novice

To EA Sports NHL,
i do not like how these packs are treated like going to a sports memorabilia store and buying a pack of cards. we are paying for DLC content not cards of value. i can see buying packs in a sports card store and getting nothing, but in a video game these are not sports cards but rather DLC content, far to many people have spent a lot of money and pucks on these packs and received nothing or low value items. if i'm spending 8-10 dollars or 50k pucks i fully expect to receive high quality DLC content, not be made a fool of by having funds or pucks drained from me, without receiving the proper DLC content i payed for. can you imagine playing bf4 or cod and paying for DLC content only to receive 1 of 4 maps or generic items. eventually people would stop being interested because they are being made to feel ripped off. this in many ways is a money and puck pit, we the consumers are not receiving the quality DLC content we expect and more over that is advertised ! this is a serious issue and needs to be addressed ! this should be applied to all packs not just special weekly packs.

exactly what is the difference between a "rare player pack" and a "premium player pack" ? both are 50k or 8-10 bucks and there is no guarantee of high end players, most people just get common cards that are of low puck value. i really wish EA would start guaranteeing (87+ star nhl players) the players all customers want and fully expect in these packs.  as a pre order customer and season ticket subscriber i am sad to report that i receive triplicates and duplicates of cards and then forced to quick sell them for zero pucks. also, if i did infact pay for my season ticket to receive 30 dollars worth of packs for 25 dollars, how then are these considered free packs that i am not entitled to sell in the trade auction if i so choose.

sincerely,
a loyal fan with legitimate concerns who truly enjoys your game

Message 1 of 10 (3,987 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL14 HUT Packs consumer feedback !

★ Guide

First of all make sure you clear the card save files on your HD...you will see them go under nhl 14 and there are save files on your HD that say player card or something like that...These are save files of "good/rare" players you have gotten and if you dont clear these out your chances go down....

secondly I understand if you didnt get a single player after buying 10 $9 packs but if you get at least one every ten big packs you should consider yourself lucky...Really good players are released based on their appearance in the transfer market...this is the best thing about HUT because if they just gave everyone who paid good players then the market would crash so much that noone would want to play anymore...

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,996 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

First of all make sure you clear the card save files on your HD...you will see them go under nhl 14 and there are save files on your HD that say player card or something like that...These are save files of "good/rare" players you have gotten and if you dont clear these out your chances go down....

secondly I understand if you didnt get a single player after buying 10 $9 packs but if you get at least one every ten big packs you should consider yourself lucky...Really good players are released based on their appearance in the transfer market...this is the best thing about HUT because if they just gave everyone who paid good players then the market would crash so much that noone would want to play anymore...

Message 2 of 10 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is it possible to clear the card save files on ps3 also, or that just for xbox. If so, were do you go to do that? 

Thanks

Message 3 of 10 (3,472 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks for the heads up. i have pulled some nice stuff but it seemd i hit a wall after a while. i have never cleared the save file nor have i know about that. can you please provide further detail on where this is in my ps3 main menu, where exactly is it? . do not want to delete the wrong thing. will be looking for it and clear it before opening more packs. thanks again for the heads up.

Message 4 of 10 (3,449 Views)

★★ Novice

exactly !!! i know there is a difference between deleting "SAVE DATA" and "GAME DATA" game data is your game info, delete that and it's like you never played the game before. so i wondering if it's the save dadata for player cards in hut.

Message 5 of 10 (3,447 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have a similar problem -- I've spent a lot of money and never gotten a single superstar and usually get players who are rated in the mid-70s to low 80's. I play on the PS3 and cannot find anything that explains how to erase the correct files on the PS3 AND I cannot read any explanation from EA Sports even though the question was asked a year ago in response to EA Sport's own posting telling its customers to erase certain files to trick their program. I'm still not sure why the customer should have to erase files off of their game system hard drives. Why can't you just provide better players more often? Also, why shouldn't loyal paying customers be rewarded with better players in the packs they buy? Why have different levels of packs if it is all the same garbage? You are now tricking people into paying more to get no increase in value!
Message 6 of 10 (1,432 Views)

★★ Novice

hey man whats your PSN ID ??? i am on ps3 and i started this post, i found a lot out but its way too much to type. i will add you and we can speak on the mic and i can give you all the tips i know. i have EVERY NHL player now and are almost done with the entire collection, and i did it all without spending any more money.

reply back with your PSN ID and i can really help you out !

Message 7 of 10 (1,429 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Are you serious ,that sounds good I am also oon PS 3 and woudl be interested if you would be willing to help ,I have gotten royally scammed by EA wasting my money and pucks buying packs and getting pure garbage .

I feel exactly like you ,we have expectations that are not even close to being met and the only excuse I can come up with is someone who has power at EA is profitting from our misfortune or else why would they alienate their customers so bad ,i am confused and would appreciate any help posiible .please and thank you.

my ps3 username is same as my name in thread leeriehle.

Message 8 of 10 (1,393 Views)

★★ Novice

100% serious !   you got it man ! i will add you, my ID is the same as my name on the thread as well. i will fill you in on the mic. talk soon.

Message 9 of 10 (1,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey I would appreciate if u could help me also my psn id is repoman826 I have spent a lot of money on packs and can't get any good quality players. ....thank you! !!
Message 10 of 10 (1,215 Views)