NHL 14 keeps freezing

by essence87

Original Post

Re: NHL 14 keeps freezing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Freezes because of the EA servers are nothing new - every FIFA player knows that first-hand. EAs servers really suck! Disconnecting the internet is a good solution for offline play, but if you play online, you have to live with it. EA will say they gonna look into this and will fix it, but they don't. They never did on other games and they never will on this one.

Turning off custom musics/sounds is also a common fix for many of the problems you may have with games from EA, especially the sports games.

//edit

In my case, game crashes very often after a match ended - mostly in Live the Life. Just to let EA know, they could look there and then... well, do what they always do: Nothing.

Message 11 of 27 (7,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine keeps freezing at the end of the game... seems to load just fine if I loose, but when I have a great game with lots of points, then it freezes right at the end of the game. very frustrating. 

Message 12 of 27 (7,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you have custom sounds/music, deactivate them (especially on Xbox 360 - it uses the media player, which is very problematic). Try playing without internet connection, if you are not playing online.

If all that doesn't help (it didn't for me), wait for EA to answer here. Ok, just kidding, that'll never happen. I guess they use this here as a place to collect all problems in one place, so the rage doesn't show up somewhere else (like on gaming boards), where it could warn potential customers. So, if all that doesn't help, you have to live with it. As said, I don't believe they'll fix that. They never did on earlier versions.

Message 13 of 27 (7,203 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im having severe lag/freezing when i connect my ethernet cable, everything is ok offline but once i connect to the EA servers its over. I have bell fibe and now am connected through a Dlink 5 port switch. Please EA theres got to be a fix for this it has been three weeks and i cant get online to play club. HELP

Message 14 of 27 (7,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Every time I score a goal when I'm playing club online it freezes can someone help me please I just wanna play a normal game EA damn
Message 15 of 27 (7,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I I have the same problem my first console game still froze during games on line, I changed the type of console and now it freezes after the match is still in the main menu or GM mode HUT mod, I think the servers are **bleep**

Message 16 of 27 (7,020 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am constantly freezing an have to shut down an restart my whole system
Message 17 of 27 (6,985 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have 3 playstation 3's in my house one for me anthe other two are my kids an it does the same on theirs i think it has to do with all the new engines it has on the disc may be to much for certain consoles because a very limited amount of people seem to have this problem
Message 18 of 27 (6,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant even play the game.  My issue happens in every type of gameplay.  First the announcers stop and then when it cuts to a movie scene the whole system freezes.  The controller still vibrates like i am continuing the action, but the screen is froze and eventually everything stops.  I downloaded the game and have deleted and downloaded new copies 6 times. even deleted all game data. so, i pretty much paid for a game i cant play

Message 19 of 27 (6,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

having problems with nhl 14 everytime i score my ps3 freeze

Message 20 of 27 (6,925 Views)