NHL 14 - Player Career Expired

by crohmhighlife

Original Post

NHL 14 - Player Career Expired

★★★ Newbie

From my understanding player's careers no longer expire. Why is it telling me J. Bouwmeester's career has expired and can longer be used. I go in and out of "play game" screen, "my team" screen and the main HUT menu a bunch of times and it goes away but now that isn't even working. What can i do?

Message 1 of 9 (10,076 Views)

Re: NHL 14 - Player Career Expired

★★★ Newbie
Same problem, but with lecavalier and phaneuf. Hope there's a fix soon.
Message 2 of 9 (9,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I actually had the same problem but when I applied consumables to a different player the x on the top ofmy vanek disapeared so I was able to use him and if it help send him to your trade the back to your consumables then to active roster. That fixed my problem.
Message 3 of 9 (9,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried to send it to my trade pile and than send it back to my collection and everything worked

Message 4 of 9 (9,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here that fixed the prob with Hossa on my end
Message 5 of 9 (8,158 Views)

★ Novice
I had same issue with bogosian wish I knew how to fix it
Message 6 of 9 (7,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Simply send card(s) to the trade pile, then to collection, then they'll be just fine.

Message 7 of 9 (7,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks guys. This solution works as advertised.

Message 8 of 9 (7,132 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What I've been doing is buying players with a higher card release date and selling my old one, Bad thing is you have to put a change team card on it and it can get quite costly but I've been buying low and selling high so it is working out, Some cards however only had a release date of a certain time/date like hut live byfuglien so I haven't had much luck with him. ( I think it's some sort cash grab as I don't see any point to having their career expire) Having that x on it doesn't really matter anyway but I do notice my new players will play better for a while. Otherwise I've been doing what these guys are telling you to do and it seems to work fine.  

Message 9 of 9 (7,125 Views)