Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

NHL 14 - Player Career Expired

by crohmhighlife

Original Post

NHL 14 - Player Career Expired

★★★★ Novice

From my understanding player's careers no longer expire. Why is it telling me J. Bouwmeester's career has expired and can longer be used. I go in and out of "play game" screen, "my team" screen and the main HUT menu a bunch of times and it goes away but now that isn't even working. What can i do?

Message 1 of 9 (9,666 Views)

Re: NHL 14 - Player Career Expired

★★★★ Newbie
Same problem, but with lecavalier and phaneuf. Hope there's a fix soon.
Message 2 of 9 (9,471 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
I actually had the same problem but when I applied consumables to a different player the x on the top ofmy vanek disapeared so I was able to use him and if it help send him to your trade the back to your consumables then to active roster. That fixed my problem.
Message 3 of 9 (9,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I tried to send it to my trade pile and than send it back to my collection and everything worked

Message 4 of 9 (9,359 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Same here that fixed the prob with Hossa on my end
Message 5 of 9 (7,751 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
I had same issue with bogosian wish I knew how to fix it
Message 6 of 9 (6,949 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Simply send card(s) to the trade pile, then to collection, then they'll be just fine.

Message 7 of 9 (6,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks guys. This solution works as advertised.

Message 8 of 9 (6,725 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What I've been doing is buying players with a higher card release date and selling my old one, Bad thing is you have to put a change team card on it and it can get quite costly but I've been buying low and selling high so it is working out, Some cards however only had a release date of a certain time/date like hut live byfuglien so I haven't had much luck with him. ( I think it's some sort cash grab as I don't see any point to having their career expire) Having that x on it doesn't really matter anyway but I do notice my new players will play better for a while. Otherwise I've been doing what these guys are telling you to do and it seems to work fine.  

Message 9 of 9 (6,718 Views)

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com