NHL 14 HUT and Online Versus Play won't work

by dontcallmewheat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL 14 HUT and Online Versus Play won't work

★★★★★ Newbie

So I was able to play one online game with a guest when I first bought the game but ever since I can't make it into the actual online games for HUT or regular online versus play. The game tries to load then gives a please wait box followed by an error message that says you have lost connection to your opponent. I can play online team play and I am clearly connected to the internet. I reset my EA origin account and verified my email. I don't know what else to do. WTF NHL get it together because this is just plain terrible.

Message 1 of 23 (9,768 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL 14 HUT and Online Versus Play won't work

★★★★★ Newbie

I figured it out from another thread on the same issue. I think the only way to fix this is to delete all of your NHL 14 files on your hard drive (which really sucks because you lose all of your offline files! You suck EA!) But after I did that I can now play online versus and HUT without problems. It must be an old corrupted file or something but it works now.

View in thread

Message 11 of 23 (5,315 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

oh and this is for xbox 360 not sure if that matters

Message 2 of 23 (9,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing happened to me I think does everything work until it gets to the loading screen and then right after that the music starts playing and it says you have lost connection to your opponent?
Message 3 of 23 (9,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Anyone find anyway to fix this problem yet I can't play a single online vs or HUT game it's stupid
Message 4 of 23 (9,584 Views)

★★ Novice
I cleared my database on my ps3 and was able to play one game. But after thhat it just wwnt back to same problem. So something to do with corrupted file I am guessing. I can play gmc, otp, shootout but not online versus, we all know u r busy ea but u have the money and resources to at least acknowledge our frustration. Cheers
Message 5 of 23 (9,559 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. It just started a couple days ago. So far, I was able to play with friends that were my friends on PSN for awhile, but I cannot play friends that have been recently added.

Message 6 of 23 (9,535 Views)

★★ Novice

EA how about some kind of explanation.

Message 7 of 23 (9,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello????? Can we at least get an acknowledgement that the issue is being looked into?
Message 8 of 23 (9,475 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Exactly smacdonal23231 the music starts about halfway through the load, the team matchup screen show up and it says please wait in the corner and then it says you've lost your connection. I'm using a wired set up and I play on EASHL as one player all the time. I really don't get it.

Message 9 of 23 (9,444 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been having this problem as well. Me and a friend play the game basically constantly online. It is driving me insane watching hockey and not being able to play NHL after. I have a PS3 and I cant play online versus or shootout.

For me it will say please wait and then either I lose connection to opponent, lose connection to EA servers, or it gets to the score board frame and is so laggy you can see each change of frame for 1 full second. Is this a problem with EA servers? We tried playing FIFA online after we also lost connection. I would be very greatful to know if there is something I can do or if I just need to wait and how long I need to wait. 

Message 10 of 23 (9,427 Views)