NHL 14 Android Companion App

by JTech780

Original Post

Re: NHL 14 Android Companion App

Community Manager (retired)
Unfortunately the NHL 14 companion app is only available on iOS. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As an Android user myself, I share your feelings towards the lack of an Android app.

@stealth022: it's a good idea, but at this point of development, it's unlikely to happen. I'll try to see if I can get your suggestion some air time, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 11 of 34 (6,061 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the honesty!

Message 12 of 34 (5,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Fixing an android app shouldn't take more than a week at the most for a company of EA's size.

However, although I have an android phone, I also own an iPad so I'm good. ^_^

Message 13 of 34 (5,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue isn't "Solved" the question isn't whether there is an android app or not, the question is why isn't there an android app?

Not having an anroid app makes HUT completely unplayable for me and I will not be spending any money on packs this year.

Android makes up 80% of the global market share to leave out that many customers is just bad business.

http://www.webpronews.com/android-almost-reaches-80-percent-global-market-share-in-q2-2013-08

Message 14 of 34 (5,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

@eafrancois: Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I just sent you a PM actually, just to talk about it a little further. If you could give it a read, and let me know what your thoughts are, I'd appreciate it. Standard smile

Message 15 of 34 (5,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

You guys gave that same crappy excuse last year. Like, almost the exact same excuse. 

Said it was only out for iOS and that would you toss in the suggestion to make it happen for next year. I guess like everything else EA does, that idea was thrown out the "Good idea window" 

Nice to see that EA hates both Sony and Android users. 

Message 16 of 34 (5,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is completely brutal. I literally learned how to do apps in a week after building my sisters company website, then tok 2 weeks by myself to port a rather large app from ios into android. thats ME ALONE in 2 weeks of an app of comparable complexity to the EA NHL app... youre telling me the entire company of EA either cant or just wont do it? Its reasons like this EA get's hated on so much by the community - You seem to just not care at all about what the users want and go down your own path. Look! New quickdekes! Cool... but the ai still acts like an infant with its first stick. Hey check it out, an app! But only for people who prefer iphone. 

Message 17 of 34 (5,009 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
You kind of just reiterated what he said, you didn't answer the question at all. Maybe we need to ask again... WHY IS THERE NO ANDROID APP? Not will there be, not can we have one, but simple why were we denied it.
Message 18 of 34 (4,582 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They made a Fifa 14 Ultimate team companion app for android.... Obviously someone somewhere said "Why bother for NHL?".. Either that or apple paid them to only release it for the iPhone.

Message 19 of 34 (4,561 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

He didn't give honesty? Cause he didn't even answer the question. The question was why, he simply stated he was sympathetic cause he's got a android phone as well. 

That's not solving this thread.

Message 20 of 34 (4,560 Views)