NHL 14 Android Companion App

by JTech780

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Why isn't there a companion app for android? It basically makes the HUT mode unplayable for me as I can't improve my team through the auction house on the go. Why leave out a huge group of fans of your franchise?

Message 1 of 34 (17,698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL 14 Android Companion App

Community Manager (retired)
Unfortunately the NHL 14 companion app is only available on iOS. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As an Android user myself, I share your feelings towards the lack of an Android app.

@stealth022: it's a good idea, but at this point of development, it's unlikely to happen. I'll try to see if I can get your suggestion some air time, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 11 of 34 (6,055 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I agree 100% - I can't believe there is no Companion app for android! Can you guys please equalize the playing field by making this feature more accessible...I'm not in the game...

Message 2 of 34 (17,562 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FIFA 13 got an Android app, why can't NHL 14?

Message 3 of 34 (17,505 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah its complete BS. Cause iPhone is not hot any more, or not as big as it used to be. Andriod is coming into the market more and more. And every popular thing (like this), it should accessable to EVERY phone, not just iPhone. To me iPhone is not all that cool anymore.

EA YOU NEED TO PUT IT ON ANDRIOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE US!!!!!

Message 4 of 34 (17,501 Views)

nhl 14

★★★★★ Newbie
Will there be an NHL ultimate team app on the play store?
Message 5 of 34 (16,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As silly as it sounds, it severely dampens my desire to play HUT. I'm willing to bet that the install base on Android of gamers who play NHL is growing while iPhone has possibly stayed stagnet.

Message 6 of 34 (17,357 Views)

★★★ Novice

+1.

Would it at least be possible to get a reply from EA on this? I'm a Software Developer by trade, so I understand the difficulties that come with developing software like this, and that you guys can't just put together an Android version just because we asked you to.

But at the same time, you're alienating a big chunk of your fan base by not having an Android version of this app.

At the very least, what's the likelihood of the iPhone app being extended to iOS 5 users? Because I've got an old first-gen iPad  that I was using last year for the NHL 13 app, despite the absence of an Android version. This year, I can't even do that, because the NHL 14 app requires iOS 6. I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a new iDevice (especially when I'm not a fan of Apple, and just bought a new Android tablet) just so I can use the GM Connected app.

Would it not be more effective to have a web-based interface for us to connect with our leagues, rather than just an iOS app? That way, you don't need a specific device, and users can manage their teams from any kind of device, whether it's a laptop, iPhone, iPad, Nexus 7, whatever.

Hell, I'll even go as far as saying this...make me sign a non-disclosure agreement, a temporary contract, or whatever. If I had access to EA's servers, I'd write a web interface for you for FREE, just for the benefit of every NHL gamer that isn't an iSheep.

Message 7 of 34 (17,324 Views)

★★ Novice

On twitter, a few users ask easportnhl about Compagnion for Android and but they don't answer Frown

Message 8 of 34 (17,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I am just curious to know if EA plans on releasing NHL® 14 Companion App for andriod?

Thanks

Message 9 of 34 (16,783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

great post!

Message 10 of 34 (17,222 Views)