Re: Line Changes In Live The Life(Be A Pro)

by blazingcronic

Original Post

Line Changes In Live The Life(Be A Pro)

★★★★ Novice

In NHL 12, I remember that when at the "Game Settings" screen right before starting a game in "Be A Pro", one was able to adjust the "Home Line Changes" setting to "Auto", "Off", or "Manual". My interest is in the "Off" setting, because it's no longer there. In fact, the line change settings are completely grayed out. My thinking was that, by adjusting the period length of the game, I could appropriately mange my ice time in game. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I hate sitting on the bench watching the game--quite frankly, I think it's a stupid. I get the demand for realistic simulation, but what I don't understand is where the enjoyment is in doing literally nothing for several seconds at a time during gameplay. Please, tell me I'm simply missing something here and that the ability to turn off line changes in "Be A Pro(Live The Life)" still exists. If not, I have to suggest that its re-addition to the game be a strong consideration for next year's title, or perhaps even an update to this year's. At the very least, can I get an explanation as to why it was removed from the game to begin with?

Message 1 of 4 (2,928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, it explains that you will live the life of an NHL player and they have to sit on the bench. Also when you sit on the bench you can get small "tasks" by the coach and your energy returns so you can give everything in next line change.

Message 2 of 4 (2,923 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You couldn't possibly be missing the point any worse.

Message 3 of 4 (2,877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sim to next shift obviously.

Message 4 of 4 (2,099 Views)