Re: Is NHL 14: Live the Life broken?

by JDM_xKINGCiViC

Original Post

★★ Novice

I'm in my first season as a RW for the Tampa Bay Lightning. I'm a playmaker, drafted 3rd overall and stayed on the 1st line throughout the pre-season. I have 7 goals, 3 assists, and a +/- of 5. But, I sim the first 2 periods of every game so I don't get bored and end up keep starting a new live the life career. I only stay on the ice longer than I'm supposed to only if we're down late in the 3rd and I want to try and tie the game. But, in my 4th game in, they tell me I've been sent down to the 2nd line, even though I am tied for 1st for most points with 10 points. I know it may only be a line, but it takes forever for them to call you up a line, unless you get an off ice event that makes the coach call you up a line. Still this is stupid and I hope EA fixes this for NHL 15 because this is a real pain in the ass.

Message 11 of 15 (3,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Don't bash on him as it has happen to many of us. I stayed up all first season. 3G 4A through 4 games in second season, all wins, and I got sent down. I think the simulator should be set better to let you know what you se doing wrong. You were out there for goal when you are covering correctly and the goalie or dman gets schooled isn't really helpful. Your shifts are too long would be helpful. Pass a little more would be helpful. Watch the turnovers is another crappy one. If I throw my teammate the puck to the net and he stops for no reason it's not really you're fault.
Message 12 of 15 (3,067 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm replying to palmerteer:

Just want to know how much you play, seriosly, over 1500 points in the CHL?

But yeah, I was drafted 1st overall by the Sabres, been playing in the NHL since I was 18-years-old. I play a lot of Live the life too, but not in game all the time. And I know few tips and tricks how to get past this kind of stuff.

If you want to make the NHL team right away, you have to stop the sim in August, turn off the "simming penalty", and sim all the way through the training camp/pre-season, don't stop in any moment. You have to know when the training camp starts and ends, so you can go right away from August, past training camp, into the NHL. Remember to save the be a pro in August, and if it doesn't work out the first time, it'll work the second or third.

If you think you want to go play in the CHL one more year, and assure yourself a spot in the NHL next year, you got to request for a trade or do something BEFORE the training camp arrives the first time, so they'll drop you to CHL. Next year, they should drop you right away down to the CHL, and keep playing few games (usually 5-6 games) and it will randomly pop up that you did good in the pre-season, and you've earned a spot in the NHL, and it'll call you up to the NHL for the start of the year.

Don't know does these work only in PS3, I would figure they would work on Xbox too.

Message 13 of 15 (3,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"Bottom line. PLAY HOCKEY as your player is SUPPOSED to. Otherwise they will send you to the minors to learn how to play as your player type demands."

You know what though...Why should I? I bought the game to have fun and some fantasy, not work.  I already have work, this is what I do to take a break from work. I get a few days a month where I have time to play, and I want to put it in a be Super Gretzky out the box. I feel for $50 you should have that option if you want it. 

Message 14 of 15 (2,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

* playing rookie mode 400 goals a season really what a *

Message 15 of 15 (1,094 Views)