Re: Internet died in the middle of a tournament

by wngsfan

Original Post

Internet died in the middle of a tournament

★★ Novice

My internet went down in the middle the final game of a tournament and it didn't just reset the tournament but I now have two players with contracts expired and both my goalies are tired. Why?

Message 1 of 9 (333 Views)

★★ Novice

Again, bought new contracts put in a fresh goalie and started a new tournament. Just as game 1 ends (4-2 win for me) I lose connection to the ea servers and I get a reset tournament, two players have expired contracts(two different players) and both goalies are once again tired.

Message 2 of 9 (328 Views)

★★ Novice

So, I started playing HUT because of slow updates and now I can't play that because of the disconnecting from EA servers. Why do I need to be connected for offline tournaments?

Message 3 of 9 (319 Views)

★★ Novice

How do you expect me to keep playing this game with three tired goalies and expired contracts for games I didn't get any pucks for? Hope it's not by buying packs with my real money because who wants to buy broken things?

Message 4 of 9 (315 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow, I have never had this much trouble getting a hold of someone for customer support. No answers here and the less than 5 minute wait for the live chat support has been going on for 20 minutes now... I'm here and wanting to enjoy your product EA, been here since 1993 in fact, help me out?

Message 5 of 9 (311 Views)

★★ Novice

Still no response. I've tried everything to enjoy this game and it refuses to let me and no one wants to help. Looks like my last NHL game and after such a long run.

Message 6 of 9 (289 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I feel your pain as I have had the EA server disconnect me. Sadly there is not much you can do. The system treats the "disconnect" as a loss & bail. So you team gets a lose in the standings and your goalie gets a fatigue point. Since it is considered a bailed game you do not get any pucks from the game. Basically a double wammy.

To overcome this and build up some pucks, play in the rookie tournament and win a few games using bronze goalies. You should be able to buy a bronze pack (600 pucks) after each game which should give you some options player & contract wise. This will give you a chance to build up your collection and eventually build a team.

Good luck and have fun!  

Message 7 of 9 (282 Views)

★★★ Novice

HUT simply sucks. I can't play the game anymore because of a bug with the backup goalie's contract being expired (which it is not). I've contact support, and no one cares. No wonder this company was voted one of the worst. I've been loving this game since the early 90's, but I guess HUT is not for me. I've spent some real money on in-game purchases to try to overcome this and get on with it, but there's obviously a problem with the game, and the staff doesn't care to put out a fix.

Message 8 of 9 (247 Views)

★ Guide

Why would EA waste time and money fixing NHL14 when they are FAR to busy making an even WORSE NHL15. A game that will NOT ONLY have ALL the glitches of NHL14 but NEW glitches for the new game too. They just DON'T CARE. They have turned into a money vacuum. No matter how much you give them they want MORE and give NOTHING in return. EA STOLE my entire hut portion of the game. THEY deleted my HUT content and instead of admitting the FAULT in their coding they just blame ME for deleting the content.

If you haven't yet learned. Take these issues your having as a sign to NEVER Buy ANYTHING  by EA again. EVER. Until it hurts the bottom line EA will continue to NOT CARE A BIT about the finished product OR the customer.

Message 9 of 9 (241 Views)