How do I win a faceoff in nhl 14?

by pdistyx

Original Post

How do I win a faceoff in nhl 14?

★★★ Newbie
I seem to be missing something fundamental here. I dont have the greatest connection online but its decent enough. I have a 15% faceoff percentage and its absolutely maddening. I want to pull my hair out. 15% faceoff is atrocious. I try pressing various combination of direction on the two thumb sticks. Is there anything I am missing? Is there a trick? My internet connection is no excuse for 15% faceoffs though 40 games.....
Message 1 of 13 (102,889 Views)

Re: How do I win a faceoff in nhl 14?

★★★★★ Newbie

Try watching the refs hand, if you react to early or late the face off will almost always go to the rival team. Also if the connection is bad, try pressing up on the left stick to lock up with your opponent and let your wingers try to come in and snag the puck. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 13 (102,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The faceoffs are ridiculous this year. I can win 100% of them at rookie level even with the slider all the way up. If I play on pro difficulty, even with the slider all the way down, I average 3%. This is a problem. I'm too good to play rookie because I win every game easily which makes it boring. On the other hand, pro is much more challenging, but I'm not going to play if I can't ever win faceoffs. Maybe this will be addressed in a tuner set or patch eventually.

Message 3 of 13 (102,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ive had the same problem. I went from winning 63% of faceoffs to about 17%. My faceoff is a 95. My problem is that while im holding my backhand\forehand stance my player will just stand up. Ive tried 3 different controllers. Ive tried setting my stance ealier and later. Nothing seems to keep my guy from just standing up. And sometimes I cant get back into a stance. And no im not going too early. Im a top center. It is super frustrating for me and my club.
Message 4 of 13 (102,045 Views)

★★★ Novice
What I do to win my faceoffs is just spin my joystick in a circle left or right it works for me Standard smile
Message 5 of 13 (102,038 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have same issue. 

On Pro ive won 2 faceoffs only in 10 games! 

On rookie i win 100% 

Please fix!

Message 6 of 13 (100,526 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What is your faceoff rating for your character?

Message 7 of 13 (100,501 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've helped many people with this problem. It's provingto become a large problem in the community but I have a simple solution for everybody having this issue. 

• Moving the right stick to your back hand works the best because it's the quickest motion. 
  • The moment the referee moves his arm to drop the puck pull down on the stick. 
  • NHL 14 faceoffs is 100% timing and if your opponent flicks the right stick down before you he will win the faceoff.

Hope this helps everyone, Now go win some faceoffs! Have a great night everybody. Confusedmileyhappy:

xLouix

- If I helped you I could really use the XP it helps me a bunch and it shows me that I have helped you in some way at the least. Have a great night!

Message 8 of 13 (100,466 Views)

★★ Novice

I find that if you hold the right stick left or right as soon as you line up for the faceoff and then press up on right stick as soon as ref goes to drop puck that I've been winning 65% of my draws while using hybrid controls.Hope this helps...

Message 9 of 13 (100,347 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Use the In game tutorial mini game to perfect your craft.

Message 10 of 13 (100,327 Views)