Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How do I win a faceoff in nhl 14?

by pdistyx

Original Post

Re: How do I win a faceoff in nhl 14?

★★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone. not to be a wiseguy, but I finaly opened up the manual on the game and read faceoff. I read it and now I'm winning most of my face offs on pro.It's pretty simple actualy.If my center is a right handed I hold the right stick to the right before the ref drops the puck. then draw back on the same right stick when he drops. For a left handed center it's just the opposite grip. Hold the right stick to the left for the grip and pull down when the ref drops the puck. Also I never touch the left stick during a face off. I have GREAT results. hope this helps everyone. Sincerely yours, Puck Bettman

Message 11 of 13 (4,996 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
OK, so my center is 6 foot 3, 225lbs. Maxed out on faceoffs, nearly maxed out on strength, maxed out on hand/eye and can not BUY a faceoff even after trying everything I've read on here, online and seen on YouTube. I've tried watching the ref's arm, his head, the puck...nothing is working. I shouldn't be losing faceoffs bya score of, literally, 25 to 2 to someone rated lower than I am. Could this be some sort of calibration issue between large screen TVs and the play station? And if so, what can I do about it? I mean really, 25 to TWO lol
Message 12 of 13 (3,994 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I picked up the game to play the Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) portion of the game and I have the exact same problem.  Actually more problems than just this Standard smile  On Rookie I win almost all faceoffs but bump it up one to Pro and I think I've won one faceoff and I'm 15-5-1.  The difference from Rookie to Pro is unreal.  Even puckhandling.  If I get near an opponent on Pro, they steal the puck instantly but yet I can't do it to them or get called for tripping. 

Message 13 of 13 (1,523 Views)

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com