How do I create a custom team or NHL franchise that I can use to play in the regular season?

by Visualities

Original Post

How do I create a custom team or NHL franchise that I can use to play in the regular season?

★★★ Newbie

I do not currently own NHL 14. It is my plan to go and buy a 4GB Xbox 360 (with a 32GB Kingston DataTraveler Micro) with the intent of playing games like NHL 14, MLB 2K13, Watch DogsForza 4, and FIFA 14. I am heavily into sports and racing games, however, I currently own a MacBook Pro which I use for all my day-to-day stuff. And as you likely already guessed, Macs really don't have many game developers on their side. I currently only play Hockey Nations 2011 THD on my Nexus 7 (which recently broke) and haven't played an official NHL game since I played NHL 09 on my old desktop PC. And as many of you also know, that's the latest desktop release of an NHL video game. And I sadly don't think they have any intent of releasing another. However, more to my point, what I really enjoyed about NHL 09 was how easily maneuverable and user-friendly the interface was. I'm just curious if NHL 14 really lives up to these standards. I liked the ability to create players and create teams easily. However, looking through videos on YouTube specifically, a lot has changed with the overall look and feel of the NHL video game series. Do I now even have the ability to create a custom team or NHL franchise that I can use to play in the regular season? Has everything changed to this new HUT game mode? And what's this GM Connected thing? Is it any good? Long story short, I really don't want to invest in this if too much has changed. I really did like the flexibility and customizability of the previous NHL game installations. Any thoughts? And I really do want to know more about this custom teams thing if anybody has answers. Thanks!

Message 1 of 1 (231 Views)