Re: HUT Puck Making Guide; ENJOY!

by jonesyythegreat

Original Post

HUT Puck Making Guide; ENJOY!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Heya guys.

I figured that since this game was reaching near the end of it's life cycle, that I would share what I've done this year to make pucks as well as the stages to making pucks. I hope this will help a lot of you guys who ask "how can I make pucks quickly and get star players?" I recently reached 2 mil in pucks without ever spending real money to do so and I hope that this may be you one day. Anyways, let's get started.

The main thing to take into consideration in making pucks is how many you're starting off with. I will go over three vague puck totals and how to approach making pucks from that amount.

First we'll talk about having 10k and under in pucks.

What you want to do here is search for gold players that are under or equal to the minimum bid price of 600. If you weren't already aware, players that are shiny as well as 75 overall and up will quick sell for a value of 613 pucks. If you scroll through up to an hour and bid on as many players for 600 and under as you can, you will end up with a half decent profit close to 500 pucks every time you do this. Keep in mind that this is only the first stage, so you have to start somewhere. The problem with the 59 minute method (a method which entails you scrolling all the way to the 59 minute mark and trying to find players for under their low range value) is that the low and high ranges on these lower end players will fluctuate a lot more than players worth 10k and up. After you bid on these cards when you are guaranteed to make a profit, go play a single player tournament like the Veteran Invitational. This will give you close to 3500 if you win it and will waste time while you're waiting for auctions to end. Rinse and repeat this enough times and viola! You'll have yourself a half decent bankroll.

Next we'll talk about having anywhere from 10k to 100k in pucks.

In this stage, you will want to be doing a mixture of what I mentioned above and the method I touched on called the 59 minute method. This is by far the easiest way to quickly build your bankroll quickly and without a ton of effort. You might want to be doing the method in the first stage up until 25k but it's all based on personal preference. If you're comfortable enough with the market to do so with only 10k-25k, then go right ahead. If you don't know the market very well and you want to learn it as you go along, I would suggest sticking with the first stage but adding in a bit of the 59 minute method to familiarize yourself with the price ranges of players under 100k. For example, I've found a Joe Thornton for 7900 pucks at one point and by looking at that, you instantly know it's a good deal. Let's say though that he was up for 65k. At first glance, it seems like a good deal because Joe is a 90 overall with solid stats. DO NOT be fooled by overalls. I've kicked myself quite a few times when I thought I was getting a great deal when in reality, I overpayed for the player. You can also start completing collections once you're past 50k in which Phoenix, New Jersey, and Winnipeg are the easiest.

Finally, we have the last stage for people with 100k+ in pucks.

This stage is simple. Straight up 59 minute method and nothing else BUT, you have to know the market really well to pull it off and be making upwards of 25k a day. I would recommend testing your market knowledge before you try this. Think of a player, guess his price range, and then proceed to look him up. Even by just looking at the 59 minute method, you can get a pretty good idea of what cards are worth. You are looking for steals where you will make around 7-8k, but preferably, 10k or more. You've gotta be quick to get the cards you want. I've missed out on a Zach Parise for 3000 pucks and in the next 10 minutes, got a Toews for 160k. So if you do miss out on that one big steal, don't sweat it because there will always be a bigger one.

Now that that's over with, I'll share the best times to look for steals/sell the cards you got a steal on.

Steals
8am-noon - a decent time to get steals but I've never got anything significant
Noon-5pm - in my opinion, the best time to look for steals as I've got some of my best ones at this time
5pm-10pm - next best time to look as the market will be flooded with cards (but this also means more competition for steals)
10pm-dawn - the worst time minus the first couple hours but on the upside, not many people will be there to take your steals

Selling
8am-noon - by far the worst time to sell anything
noon-5pm - a decent time to sell where there will be a lot of people on after school to buy what you're selling
5pm-10pm - the second best time to sell. a ton of people are on at this time which means more people to buy your cards
10pm-dawn - the best time to sell, hands down. if you're worried about a card not selling, chances are they will overnight

I hope this has helped you guys. Throw in some of your own tips if you'd like, or ask some questions!

Keep plugging away and we'll see ya on the ice!
Message 1 of 3 (893 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
BUMP!
Message 2 of 3 (837 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
BUMP!
Message 3 of 3 (783 Views)