HUT Line Assistant HELP

by dkwinee

Original Post

HUT Line Assistant HELP

★★★ Newbie

HELP,

Just to see what my optimal lineup would be, I chose to hit LB and let the Line Assistant pick which would be my best/most cohesive lineups.  However, I'm getting the error that says "A full roster is required to use Line Assistant.  Please add more players to proceed.  TIP: Remember to check your backup goalie and PP/PK lines as well"

I have all my spots both active and scratched lineup set, complete with my backup goalie.  There isn't a spot I see that can be filled, although it does say 29/30 on my active roster.  So, something is missing which I can't figure out, it's beyond frustrating.  Oh and I do have a head coach btw. 

I'm unsure what is missing, but if anyone has had the same problem or someone that might have an answer as to what I'm missing please don't be afraid to respond.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 12 (4,351 Views)

Re: HUT Line Assistant HELP

★★★★ Novice

The most likely cause is that you have a one player playing on two lines.

Message 2 of 12 (4,320 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Check your shoot up line up and double check your main lines and back up g tender,   Line assistant is typically horrible anyhow and goes for chemistry.  Your better off doing it your self.

Try out these combos and keep in mind, any three (or two for d) players on the same team will grant at least a 93 chem (this is where the change team cards come in handy.    Change all your guys to the same team and work with the combo's below

TWF TWF   TWF

PLY SNP TWF

PLY PLY SNP

GRN GRN GRN

GRN GRN TWF

TWF PLY PWF

SNP PLY GRN

OFD OFD (possibly)

TWD TWD

OFD DFD

Message 3 of 12 (4,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nah I've tried/checked a bunch of different things.  I've cleared my roster trice and hand put everyone back in.  Checked contract status' etc.  I should be able to have people on multiple lines ie players from my 1st line on my 1st powerplay line, correct?  Really have no clue why it says I have a 2.5 star team now and not a full roster (29/30).  Something is definitely missing and before this error my team was a 5 star.

Message 4 of 12 (4,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Taylor Hall - Krejci - Horton

Skinner - Backes - Pominville

Kumelin - Plekanec - Bourque

Steen - Berglund - Grabner

Hjalmarsson - Voynov

Regehr - Franson

Vlasic - Wisniewski

Halak (N. Backstrom is my backup)

Message 5 of 12 (4,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just went to play a HUT game with my team.  It says I can't advance and play any games because my lineup is invalid.  It says the following lineup is invalid: goalies.  So at least now I know there is something wrong with the goaltending.  Both Halak and Backstrom are healthy and under contract.  Really unsure why it says neither can play, yes I rotated each out and tried the other.  I'd rather not have to sell them both off, but could something be wrong with the cards?  I don't unsure if anyone has any solutions?  Thanks.

Message 6 of 12 (4,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey keeper, i have having the same darn problem now.... i had my lies and team working,,.. i bought a pack of cards and received a bobby ryan, which i flipped for 30,000 and started buying guys i wanted to have on my team... i think when i somehow sent all the used players and free-bees either to the trade pile or the quick sell option, i somehow maybe undressed my backup goalie... i dont know where to dress them, for there is only one goalie spot, all my lines and cards are compadible, for i removed them all, and added them all too... i dont have any duplicates on the same lines, and i get the exact error message u are getting... i somehow went from 4+ stars to the same 2.5 stars u are seeing, yet all my players got better and chemistry is emacculate now, but i still cant play.... i think it has to do with our goalie, and that we dont have a backup dressed, but im not sure how to dress one, i have 5 in my scratched spot on my roster, and u would think the darn game could auto assist lines that arent valid to ones that were.... from a very frustrated canck! lol

Message 7 of 12 (4,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i think i had this problem before in yrs past... keep figure out how to get rid of that darn message,... unbelievable

Message 8 of 12 (4,246 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
What if you change the line-up that you currently have, one guy at a time? Perhaps one is triggering this failstate for some reason... and while that is probably gonna take some time, this sounds like the surest way to find out where the issue lies.

Start with your goelie in jimbonen69's case. :P
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 9 of 12 (4,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Highlight your goalie, press the triangle. This shows your back up tender. Cheers
Message 10 of 12 (4,186 Views)