Glitches galore

by cbjfan51

Original Post

Glitches galore

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I've had NHL 14 since the day it came out, but have only recently pulled it back out to play. My game is FULL of glitches and they never get fixed by any new updates from XBox Live and they really detract from the gaming experience.

First and foremost is the announcer glitches. They are awful. I have several examples so I'll start with the most annoying:

1) I play at the Columbus Blue Jackets frequently and am now playing Be A GM mode with them. Every home game, the arena is announced as American Airlines Center or Joe Louis Center. They always treat my team like the Stars or the Wings. The decorations are for those teams but the logo at center ice is for CBJ. "GO WINGS" and "GO STARS" is on every illuminated sign. They never mention Columbus, Ohio or Nationwide Arena during home games. It's absolutely unbearable. Why is this?! It's making the game unplayable.

2) Announcers always get the team actions wrong. If we're down 2-1 and I score to tie it, they always say that the other team scored to tie it. Every time. It's never accurate once. There are other minor announcer glitches but these are the most prominent.

Gameplay glitches:

1) Goalies seem to make glove saves about 20% of the time. The remaining 20% of the time, the puck slides out of the glove and the announcer says "Gloves it and he's gonna hang on to it" but with a loose puck. I tried messing with the sliders, but nothing helps.

2) Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the new jerseys never unlocked. I don't have San Jose's or Minnesota's or any of those that are supposed to automatically unlock. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (225 Views)

Re: Glitches galore

★ Guide

the easiest way to help is to just tell you to reshelf the game and don't waste your time/money on any more EA products. the problems you list are just a SMALL sample of the total problems with this game and ALL their games seem to have AT LEAST this many glitches in them.....and just like you said they NEVER GET FIXED. Not even when the next INCOMPLETE game gets shoved out next year. There will be the same old glitches PLUS the new ones to contend with. If your foolish enough to continue buying EA games GOOD LUCK to you. You'll need it.

Message 2 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: Glitches galore

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I'm beginning to agree. I don't think I'll be buying NHL 15. It's too much money to spend on a game that calls itself the most realistic hockey experience and can't get even broad, general factors about the game right. I really like the gameplay, but EA does not give one single **bleep** about its customers. They have never responded to anything I've inquired.

Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)