GM Connected - Players missing after trade

by showstrikesback

Original Post

GM Connected - Players missing after trade

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

In a GM Connected PS3 league I traded for a player. The team I traded with ended up with the player he traded for but I didn't end up with the player I traded for. Where is the player I traded for?

Message 1 of 99 (5,486 Views)

Re: Missing Players

★★★★ Apprentice

Do you know if the trade you made put you over the salary cap?  If you were over the cap when the schedule period advanced, the game will make adjustments to put you under the cap.  That might mean dropping a player.

Message 2 of 99 (5,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have had the same thing happen and the player has dissappeared from the gm conmected league. I have checked free agents and rosters on every team in the league but his cap is counting against my salary cap. The player in me tion is Evgeni Malkin so its not like this is anything to sneeze at either
Message 3 of 99 (5,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this exact problem as we speak.... Me and my friends started a GM connected league, and I picked up Patrick Kane, and when the league progressed he just disappeared from everything... We restarted and I made some trades and now all of the sudden Matt Carle is missing from my team with no explanation as to where he went. His salary is still affecting my cap though so I can't even replace him very easily.

Message 4 of 99 (5,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I lost Toews Hossa Kane and Seabrook ruined my season in DG connected..... They were top scorer and now they disapeared even from the top list
Message 5 of 99 (5,372 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Are you guys all on PS3?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 6 of 99 (5,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on Xbox 360.

Message 7 of 99 (5,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I've chatted a bit with the team and this is what I've been told is probably happening:

I’d relay that its important to be UNDER the salary cap before the tick advances. If you are over the cap, the team will be forced to make moves to compensate, and that’s where weird things can happen, like star players getting put on waivers and sent to the minors. It may appear that the cap is still being affected if the team brings up additional players to meet the minimum number.

If they remain below the cap at the end of every tick, this shouldn’t ever happen.

In the case of the first poster, they likely traded up in salary, and went over the cap. They advanced the tick. Other team was fine as they went down in cap space, but now showstrikesback is over the cap so his team did something to compensate, which unfortunately ended up being putting his big new cap hit star player on waivers.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 8 of 99 (5,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I understand what you mean, but I take that into consideration when I'm making my trades. I notice that if I'm picking up a player with a huge salary, I've got to make adjustments. I made sure to make other trades or roster moves to make sure I could fit the salary cap, and if it was over it may have been by 0.1M. Definitely not enough to move a star player to waivers.

Is there a possible way to figure out what your salary will be when it advances? (I may just not be seeing it)

EDIT: And even if that is the problem, players are LITERALLY disappearing from the league.

Message 9 of 99 (5,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Started Live the Life, and Martin Brouder either died went into self impose exhile because he completely dissapeared which I found to be pretty funny, the Devils then used about 3-5 different goalies all ready.

Message 10 of 99 (5,307 Views)