Females represented in NHL 14

by daniellejoh

Original Post

Re: Females represented in NHL 14

★ Guide

Sorry to be the one to break this to you daniellejoh, but EA DOES NOT CARE about ANY minority voice. And lets face it. Females playing video games much less sports games ARE a minority.  I agree with you completely. There's plenty of 'lesser' leagues represented in NHL14 that they should be able to include a female (even if just a team or 2) league. Even if it's just Olympic female hockey players. But again reality says EA isn't going to risk alienating their base (young males) to accommodate a very small (in comparison) number of female customers.

not to mention the OBVIOUS fact that there are REAL ISSUES EA ignores. So expecting them to be 'fair' to all is just wishful thinking.

I mean no offense to you. But your complaint and the many others about EA ADDING additional content when they can't/WON'T fix REAL GAME PLAY ISSUES is a JOKE.  Why would you want MORE 'content' when they can't get the CURRANT 'content' to work right?

Message 11 of 16 (967 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Nothing against Females, but some of these comments are quite ridiculous! Hockey selling out more, if women were in the game?! Hockey is a very aggressive, fast-paced & fierce sport! Women are NOT Excluded from The NHL & they also have spectate leagues, in EVERY Sport, for Women! The Reason being, is Cleary because Women are Not as strong n' fierce n' aggressive as men! I am Not being sexist & I am not speaking of & about ALL Women.. but, it is a known fact, that a majority of men are stronger than women! The NHL, is The BEST of The Best, and it would be silly to dumb it down, by purposely letting more females in! If You're Good Enough, You Will be In & Make The NHL.. Regardless of Race/Gender/Religion.. Whatever the case! Whoever You are & whatever You are, You are Welcomed in The NHL IF You are Good enough! The Reason, they ALSO have seperate Leagues, is because they place strength, talent, and aggression or what have You, in the category that You fall into, no matter who You are! You're Good enough, You'll make it!! All there is too it!
Message 12 of 16 (924 Views)

★★★ Newbie
& a lot of these females on here, should kinda stop w/ taking so much offense, and drop the Woman Rights bit down a notch! When You Think of The Game of Hockey, You Usually Think of Men, playing the sport.. Because that's mainly who play the sport & mainly who Love The Sport!! I Know women play video games & Love Hockey Too.. & that's Amazing & Incredibly Sexy, thought!! Wink
Message 13 of 16 (924 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Alright, I'm not gonna White Knight here and act like I completely agree with you like some of these other kids. I mean, I think they should at least have a HUT card or two (Sochi would have been the perfect time) to cater to the minority of female players. Even the Olympic teams wouldn't have been bad.

Think about it this way though. If there are men in the game who are rated a 50 and under overall, what do you think most of the women would be rated? Probably around the same. If anything, wouldn't that offend you more to have them basically say that males are superior to females in the sport (which is true but doesn't need to be said)?

As some dude said above, hockey is a fast paced, hard hitting, and all around tough game. The females aren't even aloud to hit.. so tell me how you expect it to sell more copies when most girls will either play as the top rated males or make their EASHL skater a girl anyways? Putting full teams of women in this game would only be more work for EA. As we can all tell, EA doesn't like hard work, let alone any.

Don't worry too much about equality when you're playing a game made for guys 10-21. See ya out on the ice, girly.
Message 14 of 16 (915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There are female players but you just need to find them.

I have a girl from team usa in my collection

Message 15 of 16 (893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are you SERIOUSLY saying you don't want a mode with all female teams, where you can customize the outfits from full jersey and pants down to a bikini, including colors, frills, etc.? Where they fall down all the time and say cute things? ...  I think I was watching too much Anime last night... or playing too much DOA... one or both.

But seriously, that or even mixed coed teams, would at least be another mode we could have, when we're tired of all the others. Just because the game is centered on the official NHL league, doesn't mean it has to be dead serious and dead set on ONLY being about that?

It's seriously ridiculous how little creativity and fun EA allows it's teams to have... always gotta do things 'safe'. Can't change it too much this way or that way.... Well, enjoy playing slight variations of the same damn thing forever then...

Message 16 of 16 (785 Views)