Females represented in NHL 14

by daniellejoh

Original Post

Females represented in NHL 14

★ Novice

I feel as if females get no credit in this game they are announced as males and there are no female players. This game has many different leagues but there are no female leagues or cards. There are many female hockey players that don't get recognized. A female can play this game just as easy as a guy but no one will ever give credit to a female for playing if they are announced as males.

Examples....

In Be a pro or EASHL league games if you use a female character your announced as "HE" instead of she.

In Hut there were female Players such as in 13 with 2 legend femals. Nhl 14 Not one female Player.

Ea has brought so many leagues in and reconized so many except femals. It seems the when it is brought to there attention they make a minor adjustment but than they seem to forget femals the following year.

Many femals play this game along with other games, why not reconize us or even make the game play decent enough to respect us instead of calling us a  guy or "he".

Message 1 of 16 (4,418 Views)

Re: Females represented in NHL 14

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

[Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 2 of 16 (4,406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think they should make a patch for the female voices in the game!  And they should also make a league for women as well as a co-op league!

I remember when Manon Rhéaume, Tampa Bay goaltender  "On Sept. 23, 1992, Manon Rhéaume became the first woman to play in any of the major professional North American sports leagues when she appeared for a period in an exhibition game for the Tampa Bay Lighting against the St. Louis Blues.

On this 20th anniversary of her historic game, NHL.com takes a look back at one of hockey's most unforgettable moments through the eyes of people who lived it." , By Arpon Basu - Managing Editor LNH.com

I am a big fan of females playing goal in the NHL or any other leagues and it would be great to see it more often!

I hope EA makes the fixes for you.  Good Luck!  I support the changes needed in this game! 

Message 3 of 16 (4,399 Views)

★ Novice

um i dont know what thats supposed to mean but i am 100% positive i am a female and i play this game so its wrong for people to thik that all females are males on the internet thats rediculous that men can be so simple minded to think all females are men on games just cuz you cant see that i am a female doesnt mean that i am a guy

Message 4 of 16 (4,385 Views)

★ Guide

With all due respect, all of the world's top hockey leagues are dominated by, if not exclusive to, males. For that reason, you shouldn't expect to find one in the game. In regards to your issue with the commentary, by default, the commentators will call a player by their last name. So more often than not, you'll be called by name rather than by pronoun ("he"). I'd venture to guess that so few players use female created players that to add in the commentators saying "she" would be a waste of time.

Also, the users posting about how only males are on the internet, etc. was only joking. That shouldn't be taken seriously.

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 16 (4,365 Views)

★ Novice

In my opinion its discrimination against females if they were to take time to put females more in the game im almost positive more games would sell because females would be able to be treated equally and actually get the credit they deserve.

Message 6 of 16 (4,357 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This game is of the National Hockey League. There are currently no female players in the National Hockey League and only one ever. She was a bust.

Message 7 of 16 (4,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I understand your frustration, but I think your expectations are a bit lofty. The NHL series is a real life-sim of the world's top hockey leagues, specifically the NHL. In not one of these leagues, currently, is there a female athlete. With that said, it should be more than enough that not only can you create a female character, but use them in certain game modes. Complaining about the wrong pronoun being used is simply nitpicking.

Message 8 of 16 (4,343 Views)

★★★ Novice
I agree with this thread. Females should be represented somewhere in the game like previous years with a hut card or being on a special team. Also if they Are implementing the ability to make a female they should be Announced properly. If I was playing and being called a "she" I wouldn't appreciate it. Not only that it would bring a more variety of players.
Message 9 of 16 (4,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Maybe they could add an Olympics mode or come out with an Olympics version where they have both women's and mens teams from all over the world. 

Message 10 of 16 (4,000 Views)