"You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it"

by WellmaxxBR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it"

★ Guide

Has an error / persistent bug in the game , both in the Limited Edition version of SimCity , as this same issue with expanding City of Tomorrow . When we claim an abandoned city the message: " You can not claim this city 's not because you own some of the content used to create it " This is frustrating because I tried with the normal edition simcity and nothing happened , always gave the message : " You can not claim this city 's not because you own some of the content used to create it ." Then I bought the Expansion City of Tomorrow posted as missing for this claim abandoned city , but still try and claim the message: " You can not claim this city 's not because you own some of the content used to create it " Ie still can not claim an abandoned city in my region , and how this happens to me must be happening to thousands of gamers Simcity too. Please Easily Repair this error , mend that we may claim the abandoned cities in our region .

Thank you for helping all of us .

Message 1 of 98 (20,766 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content

★ Guide

On this subject: "I would like EA to unlock all promotional items for all players or at least allow us to buy them"
He had already made a suggestion post for EA to release the DLCs for all SimCity Gamers or allow the Gamer to "RESET" the abandoned city in order to allow any Gamer to use the abandoned city again !!
EA Response on the "Reset Button" for Abandoned Cities:
ZZZZZZZZ Nothing .... Total silence !!
An Absurd !! And a lack of respect for all SimCity gamers !!

View in thread

Message 75 of 98 (8,862 Views)

All Replies

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it&qu

★★★★★ Newbie

i ha ve CT(Cities of Tomorrow)and i cant claim some cities without this DLC,and there are some cities with no content used and when i try to calim it,Bang,that happens

Message 2 of 98 (20,238 Views)

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it&qu

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here.  Really nice to see how the folks at EA are jumping right on this issue......Speed and QC for THEIR product seems to of such high importantce to them judging by their involment in this thread.  Confusedmileyfrustrated:Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 3 of 98 (19,391 Views)

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it&am

★★ Guide

I own every single expansion and add-on pack plus the deluxe version to start with and get the same error, which is ridiculous since there is no content I don't own.

Message 4 of 98 (19,344 Views)

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it&am

★★ Novice

I too have experienced the same problem.

I have all the DLC included, except for the Red Cross Set.

I believe that the problem is caused by the problem, due to the Cities of Tomorrow set and the Cities of Tomorrow Limited Edition.

EA and Maxis, you should fix this as soon as possible, including inactivity of other players as soon as possible.

Over 8 cities in my region are either abandoned or claimed by a person who has been inactive for a long time.

Message 5 of 98 (19,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I purchased sim city bundled with the cities of tomorrow pack, and then purchased the delux upgrade, then the other few dlc's I was missing, I have them all... I still get this error, unable to claim city, and whats frustrating is it happens even on citys that have been bulldozed back to ground zero, theres no content in it!!!!

I think its happening from people using modded files or something else. The inactive gamers "holding citys forever" needs to be addressed too, I see citys more than a year without activity and new players are playing it, while half of the map is dead. I know not everyone plays the game everyday, but you would think a timeframe of 2-6 months it should be elgible to be claimed by another player. Please fix it!

"quoted from other members about reset" I agree only if a RESET for abandoned cities, a single reset to the city that you want to claim and fails to get the message:

This has the potential for abuse, everytime my city goes to Hell or my nuclear plant has a meltdown, I could gift currency off to a neighboring one, then reload my city fresh again, same if it goes bankrupt or polluted badly, you know people would do it. But we do need some way to reclaim these empty cities.

This is true especially for members without the cities of tomorrow pack (ground scrubber to clean up the radiation) Nukes are a risk, and should remain so.

Message 6 of 98 (18,935 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not hard to see what they are doin. You know how many people will download all the DLC to try and claim these citys! I purchased two DLC's trying to cliam then and I finally figured it a friggin EA scam. Fix ur **bleep** EA or give us our DLC money back.

Message 7 of 98 (18,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks for bringing up this problem. I too feel that EA wants to force us into buying new content when we face this abandoned city issue! Its an abuse!

I cannot develop my regions because of that and so I would like as a costumer that EA take some imediate action about it.

Let's see if they will ever respond.

Message 8 of 98 (18,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've never played a game with so many annoying and game ruining bugs as Simcity.

Fix the most annoying (this is one of them) ones PLEASE! so the game gets semi-playable.

Because I'm really starting to get fed up with this and some other bugs.

As stated in previous posts, a total reset of an abandoned city would be appropriate, and probably not even that hard to implement.

And while you're at it, do the same with great works please, an option to reset/dismantle, I rather build one from scratch then being stuck with a bugged one.

And for future reference; I will think twice before I buy any future Maxis or EA game ever again.

Love to hear from you,

A disgruntled customer.

Message 9 of 98 (18,853 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Reclaiming abandonned cities is challeging and fun. Actually that's what keeps me playing but the experience is ruined because a majority of them are blocked. Too often a region is left with several cities that are unreclaimable...

There should be a feature where the new mayor has the choice to remove the content he doesn't own.

Message 10 of 98 (18,847 Views)