Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content

by Stryderunknown

Original Post

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it&am

★★★★★ Expert

The Help Center has no "forums" of its own, just misleading links back to here.  The only actual contact point between customers and EA is through the Game Advisers, and Live Chat is the preferred route, but with only a skeleton staff on weekends all of the lines fill up quickly (two hour wait time typically), and the only option other than looping will "gray out". 

Message 21 of 98 (2,227 Views)

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it

★ Guide

Dear Gorath_the_Elder,

Here the objective question about the problem:
How to resolve the issue: "You can not claim this abandoned city, because it has no content used to create it."
So please help us to resolve this problem exhausting.

We look forward for your solution!

PS. Just not worth talking about having to buy all DLC content, as well as I have all DLC, many players who complain here also already purchased and were totally fooled by Maxis and EA, including the support department from EA and Maxis where I called several open and unsolved.

Message 22 of 98 (2,225 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the expansion and all the dlc available, and I get this all the time from abandoned cities.  It's some type of bug and has nothing to do with not having the content in which the error message speaks.  Perhaps a patch sometime in the (near?) lol future?

Message 23 of 98 (2,029 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this problems been around a while but I think I've worked out what causes it. 

The trigger that checks a persons compatibility isn't just rigged to the DLC's that a person owns, but also the progress a player has made in regards to upgrading and expanding HQ's.  Since information about a players earnings for each HQ is leaderboarded, it's possibly a way (or bug)  to stop people stealing other peoples scores.

I'd assume that if you delete all HQ's from the map before abandoning it, it should allow anyone to reclaim the city.

So it either needs better wording in the error message, or needs to envoke a disaster on reclaiming the city which destroys any content that isn't owned or unlocked at the time.  (Reducing the map to a standard vanilla build)

Message 24 of 98 (2,016 Views)

★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

Anyone truly interested in seeking assistance from the community of players at Answer HQ should ignore this thread of ranting and raving, and state the problem they have had clearly in a fresh, peronal request for assistance. 

Answer HQ is not EA's complaints department.  To complain, the only contact point that EA offers is the Game Advisers on Help Center.   

https://help.ea.com/  

Ya, I tried this and the search engine say "No results found."

Nice... How long has this game been out? I'm sure they've long forgotten about this game aside from DLC purchases, since they don't seem to fix anything anymore...

Message 25 of 98 (1,983 Views)

★ Guide

Dear RedVen0m, was with the objective of bringing attention of EA for their customers that the post has been created, because I even appealed exhaustively for help EA's all available channels that the client can access, phone, email, post, blog, and so on. IN NO PLACE I FOUND SOLUTION OR HELP TRUE!!
The game was launched more than a year, and until today we have no response from EA on the issue cited in the post. This shows how the EA is really concerned with their customers.
We will continue waiting until when ?!

Message 26 of 98 (1,976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to get to the link for EA Official Help.  Kinda ironic that when I click on the link for help, the page is broken and I get the below message.  Thank you for this post, but could you at least provide a valid link or some helpful information??  

I too have been having this problem and it's why I purchased the amusement park and Cities of Tomorrow.  Unfortunately, my entire region is locked up by jerks who start a city, draw a road, then abandon it.  It's frustrating, the game is broken, and here we have someone who cannot even provide a valid website to go to instead.  

{"success":false,"message":"A token code missing."}"
Message 27 of 98 (1,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just finished my 3rd chat with EA support regarding this issue.  Their response is that it happens with 4% of players, the developers are aware of the issue as it is a SERVER SIDE issue, and nothing to do with the player side of things.  

I even have one city in my region that is literally nothing more than a 3-grid length road.  There are no buildings, I don't know if it's zoned or not, but there's nothing there but a tiny road.  Still cannot claim it.  I do question whether it is because the city was claimed by someone with a different language pack than I have (Eu-French) and I'm on the NA server East1.  

After over 3 hours working with EA support, running dx-diag and clearing cache and running CCleaner as steps to try to resolve it, I ended up getting confirmation it's nothing within my system (well, I had to update a video driver but that was irelevant and didn't fix it), there's not a solution.  They forwarded my issue to the development team and gave me a 15% coupon off for a game.  

Bottom line is:  it's a BUG and needs to be addressed by EA Development.  That sucks for now, but at least this is a valid answer.  

Meanwhile I'll just transfer my region to private/single player and see if that does anything.

Message 28 of 98 (1,886 Views)

★★ Novice

I think your forgeting that along with citys of tommorrow, there are smail, minor things things like the amusment park set or the airships set or the digital deluxe edition set.

Message 29 of 98 (1,876 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem. i have Complete edition with Nissan Leaf pack

Message 30 of 98 (1,867 Views)