Re: "Unable to load the city at this moment. Please try again later. "

by akela82

Original Post

"Unable to load the city at this moment. Please try again later. " - shameful

★★★ Novice

After installation the game will start and come to the the page for a started scenario and when I click it it  shows an error "Unable to load the city at this moment. Please try again later. "  tried multiple times it would not work. Such an old game having this silly problem is shameful and frustrating.

Message 1 of 4 (1,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem - after a week's worth development of my city, out of the blue I get "unable to load the city" error. I searched the net and tried all the fixes, but nothing works for me :/ I cannot even transfer multiplayer cities to single-player mode to continue.

Cmon EA, as of 2017 (!) nobody found and fixed the bug that's causing this since 2013? REALLY?

Message 2 of 4 (1,218 Views)

★★ Novice

Today, 2020, 7 years after game was created.
I played it in private online region.

Played all friday night because it was fun.
And had 10 million simeleons to build a new city.

Built a city hall, resident zones, bus stantion.
Sent 10 milions. And.. i was waiting 5 hours. No money.
All I played this night just vanished.
I am frustrated. It is not a rest from work I imagined.

Message 3 of 4 (999 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@VolosOld wrote:

Today, 2020, 7 years after game was created.
I played it in private online region.

Played all friday night because it was fun.
And had 10 million simeleons to build a new city.

Built a city hall, resident zones, bus stantion.
Sent 10 milions. And.. i was waiting 5 hours. No money.
All I played this night just vanished.
I am frustrated. It is not a rest from work I imagined.

@VolosOld - 

"Unable to Load City at this Time" is a very frustrating error, and it usually points to data corruption. The critical part is whether the corruption happened on the client side or the server side. There has been some limited success in recovering cities if the data corruption is on the client side (your computer). First, make note of your server and city name so you can find it again if you lose your history. 

Try each of these steps one at a time:

1. Remove Mods - Mods are not supported in multiplayer / online mode.
    2. Load city from Region View If possible, enter a working city in the same region. Go to the Region View and click on the city which gives the error, and load the city from there. If you can get into the city from region view, let it run for a few minutes then save and exit.
    3. Delete the EcoGame folder - Exit SimCity completely. Copy the EcoGame folder to your desktop or another safe place as a backup - default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame Delete the EcoGame folder from SimCityUserData. Launch the game - it will tell you there's an update to SimCity. Accept the update & once it's downloaded fresh files, enter your city. (If possible, load a different city in the region that you know works. Then go to the Region View and try to load the city from there.) Be aware it can take some time to load - the game will download the server info for the city to your computer and this can take some patience, depending on your network speed.
    4. Delete the LocalStorage folder - If removing EcoGame doesn't work, exit SimCity again. Copy the LocalStorage folder to your desktop or another safe place as a backup - default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\WebStorage\LocalStorage Delete the LocalStorage folder -  follow the same procedure to try to load the city again. 

If none of the above works, you can try a brute force approach and just move the entire \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\ folder to your desktop to force an update to all of your files. This will also remove your config settings & server history, so they will need to be re-selected after starting the game. 

If you still get the error message "Unable to Load City at this Time" the data corruption is likely on the server side. If that's the case, the city is probably lost. You'll have to leave the affected city as it is now and play the other cities in the region, or start over with a new region. If you're buying resources from the city that won't load, as long as you don't abandon it, it will continue supplying those available resources (power, water, etc). 

Message 4 of 4 (975 Views)