Re: how do you build a Bridge in SimCity 2013

by RTS_Gamers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do you build a Bridge in SimCity 2013

★★★ Newbie

how do you build a Bridge in SimCity 2013? I have been looking all over and I cannot find any info on building a bridge across a river.

Message 1 of 11 (71,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

Bridges are built automatically as you drag out the road across water. They are more expensive, so make sure you have enough cash. Bridges need go start and stop on land, and are continuous (no intersections over water)

Other factors can prevent a bridge from beiing placed, such as if there is a placed building nearby and there isnt enough room to modify the land to support the ramps up to the bridge.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (79,724 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

You can not. Sometimes, they will automatically be built, but there is currently no way to do this.

Given that this was a basic feature in all previous SimCities, and is even further expanded upon in other games, I suspect it will be part of a pay-for-it/DLC feature in the future.

Message 2 of 11 (71,356 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Bridges are built automatically as you drag out the road across water. They are more expensive, so make sure you have enough cash. Bridges need go start and stop on land, and are continuous (no intersections over water)

Other factors can prevent a bridge from beiing placed, such as if there is a placed building nearby and there isnt enough room to modify the land to support the ramps up to the bridge.

Message 3 of 11 (79,725 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Another thing to consider.

You can build Golden Gate bridge style bridges out of avenues, or standard bridges from the street.

Message 4 of 11 (71,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another thing to consider, a bridge has to be started and ended quite a distance from the shore.  A lot farther than you would think.

Message 5 of 11 (62,458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Set Bridges as "Pay for features" will be another way for EA to Kill the Hen with Gold Eggs, by discouraging the players ! 

Message 6 of 11 (61,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This does not work for me at all.

It keeps saying "Road too Steep". I already know it's done automatically. It has to be a glitch and/or missing code in the software. It simply does not work.

Message 7 of 11 (53,494 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Press M for bridges and N for tunnels..
Message 8 of 11 (44,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! Thanks for your answer. I'm too late to know. I just found the way how to build bridge by accidentally hover over the roads tab while want to upgrade roads. Then I try to search on the web again because all this time I never got the answer. So, yeah this is helping too. Bravo!

Message 9 of 11 (16,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

BLESS YEEEEE OMG. YOU LITERALLY SAVED MY ROAD-RAIL INTERSECTION! Standard smile))

@RTS_Gamers 

Message 10 of 11 (16,066 Views)