Re: Why do I get "Downloading Game Scripts" every time I try to play?

by DiscoTebow

Original Post

Why do I get "Downloading Game Scripts" every time I try to play?

★★ Novice

Every time I start the updater it has to start updating from 90% and says that it is "Downloading Game Scripts".  Is this going to occur every time I play?  It takes at least five minutes to finish. 

Message 1 of 10 (3,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please help here. Got the same.

I'm from Germany. SimCity Launcher stuck at: "Herunterladen der Spiel-Scripts"

It freezes at 90%.

Message 2 of 10 (2,994 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You could check your update log to see what the issue is.

Downloading scripts is part of the update process. Mine usually locks up at 90% (SimCity has stopped working) but finishes after a restart.

Works fine until the next update.

32 bit OS: ..\Program Files\..
64 bit OS: ..\Program Files (x86)\..

(install log)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\_Installer\InstallLog.txt

(update log)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Patches\UpdateLog.txt

Open with NotePad and scroll to the bottom of the page. Look for WARNING and ERROR lines

Message 3 of 10 (2,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got the same problem but I dont find Error or warning lines

And I dont know how to fix the problem. Knows somebody an answer?

Message 4 of 10 (2,774 Views)

EA Madden NFL Team

This is a soultion to a different issue, but I think it could maybe fix this issue of "Downloading Game Scripts".

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Updater/Checking-for-Updates-Issue/m-p/634232#U634232

"Hi Mayors --If you get stuck on "CHECKING FOR UPDATES" you should delete all files in your User Data.

If you have a desktop shortcut you can right click the icon and select PROPERTIES then delete all files in the User Data folder.

If you launch through Origin go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData and delete all files in the User Data folder.

Then run the game again and you should get past that screen.

Note: The recovery tool will not resolve this issue, so please use the directions above.

Message 5 of 10 (2,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to delete the folders and datas in UserData but it doesnt helped and I also re-installed the game 3 times.

I need help

Message 6 of 10 (2,745 Views)

EA Madden NFL Team

What Operating system are you running?

Message 7 of 10 (2,735 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know its late, but I waited and it managed to work,

Message 8 of 10 (2,438 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Not Work
Message 9 of 10 (1,312 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @kaiomurilo2 - If you downloaded the game with no problems but it is stalled on opening, there is likely something blocking the game from launching. 

Make sure you always run installation files "As Administrator", and that SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to firewall and antivirus exception lists. Once installed, set SimCity.exe and Origin.exe to run "as administrator"

Disable or uninstall Nahimic 2 (an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards) and BitDefender (anti-malware). Both are known to block SimCity from launching. 

If you're still getting the error, copy update files to SimCity folder. Go to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Patches\UpdatedApp Select all files (Ctrl-A) and copy (Ctrl-C). Go to \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity and paste (Ctrl-V). Choose to overwrite any files that already exist.

If you still have issues, please make a new post with the error message that you're receiving. Too much has changed since 2014 when this post was written to be useful.

Message 10 of 10 (1,269 Views)