Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Lookout
brandon05mn
Accepted Solution

Whatever to the "Graphs" that existed in Sim City 4 --> they were extremely useful!

Whatever happened to the Graphs? 

They were REALLY nice and useful to see how much something has grown or shrank over time. 

For example, there was a graph for 'traffic time'. Now we have a shaded graph that gives us zero info. 

It also would show how much your power/water/garbage etc. was rising and how quickly. Now, we just have a datapoint for where things are at now, with zero history. 

• "Your water is polluted". Did this happen all of a sudden? No! But without a graph, we can't see the popution levels rising until we get an error message. 
  • Is there more or less crime than a year ago? I don't know, your guess is as good as mine! But a graph would have given the answer!

BRING BACK GRAPHS

http://www.wuphonsreach.org/Games/SimCity4/WR1/Album/NorthBend/NorthBend-2013-05-05-BudgetBalance.jp...

Sentinel
renfe

Re: Whatever to the "Graphs" that existed in Sim City 4 --> they were extremely useful!

[ Edited ]

Totally agree. Another example: you can't tell the average age of the people with educations. So when education suddenly drops, you have no idea how to fix it.

My guess is that they'd intended to do it, but the ship date happened first, and rather than sell a complete game, they figured they'd take our money first. Maybe they'll charge us for graphs in an "expansion pack"?

Sentinel
celticfutball

Re: Whatever to the "Graphs" that existed in Sim City 4 --> they were extremely useful!

renfe wrote:

My guess is that they'd intended to do it, but the ship date happened first, and rather than sell a complete game, they figured they'd take our money first. Maybe they'll charge us for graphs in an "expansion pack"?

Stop giving them ideas!

How many other forums does 'oh well, they'll probably charge for it' come out as 'solved'....

syllafu
Topics: 9
XP: 14

However many EA operate and/or own