We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

by Sh0cko

Original Post

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

★★★ Newbie

just downloaded everything went well then this message came up, like we pay u ro give us a decent WORKING game and we get this come on u vcan do better!!!!

Message 51 of 68 (4,608 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

★★★ Novice

I formatted and put in a new solid state drive. Everything works fine now. I Do believe this problem is 100% registry based

Message 52 of 68 (4,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Deleting 127.0.0.1 proxy.novafusion.ea.com in the host file really works! At least for me. Thank you very much

Message 53 of 68 (4,581 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm getting this error after attempting to install the game after having uninstalled it a few weeks ago.

No firewall, no proxies. The solutions suggested in this thread have not worked for me.

Message 54 of 68 (4,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

every time i get a email from origin to verify my account i don't have a approved butten help?

Message 55 of 68 (4,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue as well and had it for a long time.

Message 56 of 68 (4,466 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer usin

★★★ Newbie

I got the same problem, reinstalled it and everything, can't connect to EA servers error like it says...

Message 57 of 68 (3,676 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer usin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Spend good money for a great game only to have one after another disasterous failure, this game has got to be the biggest fail I have seen in my life!!!

Message 58 of 68 (3,641 Views)

★★ Novice

Editing my hosts file worked for me too!!! 

If you have pc tyou will find it here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

And for mac: http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/07/edit-hosts-file-mac-os-x/ 

If you find this line 127.0.0.1 proxy.novafusion.ea.com, delete it.

I have tried so many things since i bought the game a week ago, but now it works!^^

Message 59 of 68 (6,787 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition o

★★★ Newbie

This is a connection problem on the user end. In my case I had for some reason a proxy pointing to 127.0.0.1 which I fixed by typing 'netsh winhttp reset proxy' in command prompt.

So if anyone still has this problem or runs into it in future make sure you have 100% internet access. Just because you can browse the net does not mean everything is in order. Usually youll find that issues like this effect Windows Update as well which will be a clear indication that something is blocking access to some services. 

Message 60 of 68 (3,244 Views)