We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

by Sh0cko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

★★★★ Novice

I get this error in Origin when I launch my 100% installed SimCity game. I have tried the following to resolve this;

1. fully uninstall both simcity and origin and then reinstall the game
  2. disable my firewall completley
  3. disable my antivirus completley
  4. create both inbound/outbound exceptions for both the simcity.exe  and ActivationUI.exe

Not one of these things allow me to play this **bleep** game I bought.

FIX THIS NOW, I would say please but i gave you my money.

Message 1 of 68 (9,988 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer usin

★★ Novice

Editing my hosts file worked for me too!!! 

If you have pc tyou will find it here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

And for mac: http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/07/edit-hosts-file-mac-os-x/ 

If you find this line 127.0.0.1 proxy.novafusion.ea.com, delete it.

I have tried so many things since i bought the game a week ago, but now it works!^^

View in thread

Message 59 of 68 (6,783 Views)

All Replies

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

★★★ Newbie

Everyone else is complaing about updating and wait times and we havent even seen the load screen. Can't contact anyone either as you have to wait 5 hours GRRRRRRR!

Message 2 of 68 (9,878 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

★★★★ Novice

complete and utter dissapointment. So disgusted with this multimillion dollar company.

Message 3 of 68 (9,867 Views)

We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Simcity ...

★★★ Apprentice

So figuring it might help if I wipe the game out and reinstall, I did just that.

Now every time I try to play I get this stupid popup: 

We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Simcity Digital Deluxe Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

What the hell? It's not bad enough that the game servers keep falling over, but now I'm denied access because origin doesn't believe I've paid for the **bleep** game?

Message 4 of 68 (10,121 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Simcity ...

★★★ Apprentice

No one else has this problem?

Message 5 of 68 (10,088 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this problem, My laptop is fine, works, my home pc gives me this error.

Message 6 of 68 (10,053 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bump, **bleep**ING REPLY

Message 7 of 68 (10,034 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For what it's worth, Tech support said the following:

Adam
I am sorry this is being caused by an authentication issue that is happening due to the server stress, once this issue is resolved it should allow you to play on your PC as "normal

Message 8 of 68 (10,015 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your post. I haven't had the free time to wait in the currently 2 hour queue to ask what the story is.

So you're getting the exact same error I take it? Just want to be certain so I know if I can drop queue and get on with something more productive Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 9 of 68 (9,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I WANT MY MONEY BACK EA or I want credit towards a game of my choice..  Loved the franchise of SimCity and now that EA has become involved they have completely ruined the game with this failed attempt of a launch.  Pathetic..  

Message 10 of 68 (9,680 Views)