Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition o

by Olsen1310

Original Post

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition o

★ Novice

Reading this really soved my problem....

Actually in the firewall "ActivationUI.exe" was allowed, but "ActivationUI" was blocked... what so ever.....

thx for the help

Message 61 of 68 (2,207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this didnt work for me none of any ones suggestions are i have never used origin or a fn proxy before im so mad at ea right now i am going to forgo all there games and i am a huge customer i own every sims, sim city, every year of hockey since nhl 1995 own some on 2 or more system, own many football baseball soccer rugby basketball excetera i probbably own over 200 titles including expansions and if you in clude down loadable content between 500 and a 1000 titles so ea best fix there * my brother lives a few hours a way at my parents he is going to forgo them too if not changed he may even own 5 or 10 more games then me so they better fix this this is * disgusting or i want my 40 bucks back and a bj from the president of ea for me to come back to ea games and ea sports i got it now in a rush cuz i had surgery and am off work for up to 6 months then a next surgetry off work again for up to 6 months like this is * bull *

Message 62 of 68 (1,979 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
  • I had that same problem that you had with SimCity Limited Edition
  • and on my other computer I was not able to play Sims 4, Buggle, and Syndicate but I managed to fix that error by Deleting 127.0.0.1 proxy.novafusion.ea.com in the host file and it worked for me also
Message 63 of 68 (1,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Right so i read all the above suggestions and nothing worked. But i did find a solution. Disconnect from the internet, try running the game, it should ask you to login to origin, reconnect to the internet and log in. I did this and it activated right away.

Message 64 of 68 (1,736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@TheMetalSmith wrote:

Right so i read all the above suggestions and nothing worked. But i did find a solution. Disconnect from the internet, try running the game, it should ask you to login to origin, reconnect to the internet and log in. I did this and it activated right away.

This helped for me to. thx for the fix Standard smile

Message 65 of 68 (1,731 Views)

Re: Cannot Activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account.

★★ Novice

I LOVE YOU THANK YOU OMFGGGGGGG

Message 66 of 68 (1,132 Views)

Re: Cannot Activate Simplicity Limited Edition on this computer using your accou

★★★★★ Novice
@sumireizumi how did you fix it?
Message 67 of 68 (922 Views)

Re: Cannot Activate Simplicity Limited Edition on this computer using your accou

Hero (Retired)

@NastyaVicodin - Did you try the accepted solution, under the first post in this thread? https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/We-are-unable-to-connect-to-EA-servers-to-activate-SimCity/m-...

If clearing your host file doesn't work, please check these tips:

Always run installation files "As Administrator"
Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it. 
Origin.exe - Set to run "as administrator"
Nahimic from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 & 3 are known to cause this issue.

Clearing Origin Cache will sometimes help to fix problems of this type. There are some other connection troubleshooting steps located here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

Reply back and let us know if any of these steps work. Happy Building!

Message 68 of 68 (902 Views)