Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
gyles03

Unable to connect to the SimCity servers. Please try again.

I log into the game fine, but i then get the error "Unable to connect to the SimCity servers. Please try again." Once the main menu comes up. Also, the citylog doesn't show anything in it and I can't see any public games.

I can open the region menu and is shows my city and my friends' cities. It even updates their money and population every now and then. But when I attempt to go into my city it says "Unable to load the city at this time. Please try again." It also gives the same error every time I try to claim a different plot or create a new region.

The same thing happens on any server I try to connect to, It won't load the tutorial city.

My wife and I are both getting this same problem, but our friends are having no issues. We were able to connect and play last night and we havn't made any changes to our router or anything since then. I tried turning off firewalls and making myself the DMZ to no avail.

We live in central Virginia and have Comcast internet. Other friend in central VA is having no problems playing.

buddynugget219
Topics: 26
XP: 59
Solutions: 12

Re: Unable to connect to the SimCity servers. Please try again.

Running the program as administrator has been helping people with server issues give that a shot. Right click SimCity on your desktop and click run as administrator. Hope that helps.

Keeper
gyles03

Running as admin may have helped, or I may have just gotten lucky. It took a few tries, then let me and the wife in. But the cat hit the reset button on her computer and then she couldn't get back in afterwards....

After the client and server patch they did at around 4:00 things seems to be better, but I was hesitant to exit the game to see if i could replicate it.

Lookout
crispbeam

im not in, yet again...

Keeper
kalizaar

I'm in but keep getting server disconnect and reconnect notifications. And my girlfriend can't send me an invite to join her.

Keeper
mechaouster

Running as administrator here, still getting the above error when I'm lucky enough to log in.  Also, the application is still crashing randomly in-game, on the rare occasional I can get in.  Just completely quits and I find myself staring at my desktop screen.  Horrendous experience so far.  Wish I had never bought it, and I for **bleep** sure will never buy an EA PC game again.  This is beyond ridiculous.  

Keeper
sup3rpr1m3

Looks like the fix to this may be here... http://answers.ea.com/t5/Updater/Checking-for-Updates-Issue/td-p/634232

Trying it now, if I don't post back then it worked as I am playing!

Keeper
sup3rpr1m3

No luck, this really stinks. 

Keeper
jpauley1980

[ Edited ]

This is absolutely the last EA game I ever buy.  I don't care what they make for what console, after this crap, I'm done with them.  This is total BS, to pay this much for a game, I even waited to pick it up until this afternoon to try to avoid the "first day growing pains" for lack of a better term, and then not be able to play it or have to jump through ridiculous hoops.  So fed up.

Keeper
rsmx

Yup, complete bull**bleep**.  couldn't play last night.  can't play tonight.  Will discourage anyone I know and everyone on facebook to avoid EA games from now on.