Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
adamyc

Unable to connect to SimCity Servers/Servers unavailable at this time.

Just picked this up on Saturday thinking everything has most likely been fixed with servers and what not. My buddy seemed to get in ok. But I get these two messages every single time I try to get into the game. it won't even start up. all I get is "unable to connect to SimCity servers please try again" 

I've tried running it as an administrator I've tried disabling my firewall and still nothing works. Are there still problems with this game or what is going on here?

Lookout
consuliari

Re: Unable to connect to SimCity Servers/Servers unavailable at this time.

[ Edited ]

Hello, from a VERY unhappy consumer,

•  Origin Id - consuliari
  •  City name - Clearwater
  •  Region - Hidden
  •  Server - North America West 1
  •  How did you end last session - Used the Simcity menu system to exit the game, exit sync seemed very normal

I'm about at my wits end when it comes to your utter and complete disregard when it comes to keeping us ( your PAYING customers) in the communication loop; VERY unprofessional. If the reason I'm unable to connect is due to some form of server maintenance then I'd understand, assuming I\we are given this information PRIOR to it's implementation, but that just makes too much d.a.m.n sense. Get your S.H.1.T together already, A month later and this game is still a mere shade of what I feel is it's true self. SO FIX IT ALREADY!

Sentinel
notchucknorris

adamyc wrote:

Just picked this up on Saturday thinking everything has most likely been fixed with servers and what not. My buddy seemed to get in ok. But I get these two messages every single time I try to get into the game. it won't even start up. all I get is "unable to connect to SimCity servers please try again" 

I've tried running it as an administrator I've tried disabling my firewall and still nothing works. Are there still problems with this game or what is going on here?

I'll be honest and say that the luck you're having right now is just that -- bad timing.  Connection issues were horrid during the first 7-10 days after launch, but since then I've only been denied access to my particular server twice (the second time being right now).  Connecting consistantly isn't the big concern right now, however, and you'll find out soon enough once you get online that the game is still very much in Beta.

Lookout
darlag2

EA said they had a vision of what this game would be like being online only.  I can't say I like their vision.  I have limited time to play and can't connect.  I looked so forward to this game after playing all the others.  Now I wonder why.  I really wish they''d allow offline play, even if you had to connect once in a while it wouldn't be as bad as this is.

Keeper
ccp619

What he/she said!

Authentication to play is rediculous.  The Diablo II model of having to sign in and update to play multi-player was, IMHO, da bomb.  I could play on my own, but to use the social side, I had to meet thier rulles.  This "always on" trend is garbage.