Re: Tutorial Bug: Buy Water from Lucky Shores, No Neighboring Water Providers

by Megamaru

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

OMG the bug is still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky I only paid 15 euro fo this....game :/

Message 11 of 38 (2,161 Views)

★ Novice

What gives, EA?!?!  I got this game as a free gift with an AMD Processor/RAM combo last year, and finally booted it up for the first time today because I heard that it finally offers offline mode (There's no way in HELL I'll ever play an always online single-player game).

I get about 20 minutes into the tutorial and it asks me to get water from Lucky Shores, but the UI says NO NEIGHBORING WATER PROVIDERS and I cannot click on anything!  The game is not locked up, it's just that the stupid tutorial is 100% flawed from the get-go.  It's not enough to just have text instructions, flashing icons, and arrows pointing you to what you need to do next.  No.  Instead, EA had to make sure that the player could NOT select ANYTHING other than what the tutorial is directing you to.  No exploring at all.  And so when a bug like this presents itself, there is no way to even click the OPTIONS to get back the MAIN MENU!

You guys are the worst developer/publisher EVER.  You are the CANCER of the gaming industry, and I'm happy that I didn't spend a dime on your flawed software.  I haven't in years and I never will again.  I will dance when you go bankrupt.  The fact that this widely reported bug hasn't been fixed in a YEAR shows just how much EA cares about its customers.

Message 12 of 38 (2,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is shocking to see such an old thread still unanswered and the bug still existing! As a developer myself, it's a shame to see such neglect from the team behind the project.

Since EA obviously are not helping out here, maybe I can. It seems like this issue is a timing bug. I managed to alt+F4 out of the game and go back to do the tutorial again and rush through up to that point as quickly as possible (as I'm sure the QA team did), and it worked ok that time round.

A shame to have a kinda rubbish solution but I was at least able to complete the tutorial next time round.

Message 13 of 38 (2,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Over a year and the bug still isn't fixed. Wow, that's pretty pathetic EA!

Message 14 of 38 (1,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA,

i have just bought the game and i just read this tread because the bug. (played 20 min.)

Is your incompetence so large that you can not even fix a small bug? You have no more fancy?

still waiting for an answare... or just a small patch !!!!!!!

Please take this softwaregarbage and give me my money -.-

@ALL: Don't buy this game !!! No Support and **bleep** fat BUG's !!!

-just a stupid customer

Message 15 of 38 (1,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm about to return this game.... so lame its been this long with a bug like this one...

Message 16 of 38 (1,951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2016 is coming and the bug hasn't been fixed.

I really can't understand.

Message 17 of 38 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2016 now still not fixed, game breaking bug. Unbelievable. 

Message 18 of 38 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

LOL. I guess they got their money so no use to support their customers.

Message 19 of 38 (1,772 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup, bug is still present, even things that are mousover only, or tooltips are disabled, got the game free with my origin access, all the others include most dlc, so why does ea do this?
So that a partially gamebreaking bug cant be avoided, and guess what? its probably "fixed" when you have one of the dlc, its been YEARS EA!! FOR ONCE GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTS AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE SUCH AS FIX A BUG THAT IS LIKELY A MINOR SCRIPT ERROR!!!!!!!!!
This is why i dread coming across even the most insignificant and widely found bug in an ea game...it will never be fixed,
watch the next game ea releases will probably have a bug where the 30 gigabyte game you just purchased and installed force closes itself no matter what after 30 seconds at the main menu, will it ever be fixed no! will they say sorry? no! will ea do anything? I think we know the answer already!
JUST FIX THE BUG, OR MAKE A WAY TO SKIP PAST THIS PART OF THE TUTORIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its sad that literally no one can even finish the tutorial because of lazy customer support.
you would think this would have been noticed in the games alpha and beta testing phases and fixed

Message 20 of 38 (1,720 Views)