Re: UnSolved Error Unable to Load City at This Time for 4 years- shameful for EA

by Sunrock65

Original Post

Re: (Solved) Error Unable to Load City at This Time

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Wow.  Lost another city in the same region.  This time even if I abandon it I can't see it from other cities.

I had deleted a couple of ferry terminals and quit the game shortly after that.  In retrospect I should have just turned them off.

But why no rollback?  If the server can't load the city why doesn't it trigger a rollback attempt?

I was just reading today that Blizzard is hiring programmers to keep up support for older games like Diablo II (a 15 year-old-game) - wouldn't it be nice if EA would do the same for Simcity?

Message 11 of 21 (3,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn't work for me. Still can't access my games.

Message 12 of 21 (3,661 Views)

Re: UnSolved Error Unable to Load City at This Time for 4 years- shameful for EA

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem 3 years later I can't believe these EA guys are so incompetent or they just don't bother about their customer anymore. this solution did not work for me. They don't even respond to your emails with these issues. so shameful. I have read same error posted in 2013.

Message 13 of 21 (3,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happened to me in every town! Thanks for posting this!!!!

Message 14 of 21 (3,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

2017 and issue still not solved.

Message 15 of 21 (2,903 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Everyone.

Appreciate this is a thread from 2013, but I had this issue for two days after revisiting the game. I finally resolved it completely by turning off my BitDefender anti-virus / firewall. It was blocking access to servers. I did add all my Sim City game and app folders to the exception list which stopped me getting any 'unable to load messages' and stopped the app crashing, but the app hung on loading my city. On turning off BitDefender completely (until reboot) everything now works fine. Hope this is of use to anyone still suffering this frustration!

Cheers

Message 16 of 21 (2,541 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all,

I encountered the same issue while playing Single Player.

My cornerstone city in the region (my wallet one) cannot be opened anymore whit this message.

I read a lot and tried more and the only trick that helped me to change something has been to delete (move out, obviously) the file SlDeltaxx_y.mfs related to that city.

Now I can open the city, make it live and update it again (the dropped file has been re-created), by the way I've got another issue:

That city has lost ev'ry regional progress. I mean: In another city I completed almost all the researches in ACADEMY.

All the cities of the regions know about the existence of the Academy and about the new items availables. This city has lost this knoledge. And I don't know how to have it back.

Restoring the original SlDeltaxx_y.mfs makes the original issue come back.

Any suggestion?

Is there a way to force a realignment of the cities in the same region?

Thanks

Message 17 of 21 (2,422 Views)

★★ Novice

and more...

I've tried with win7, win10 and linux installations. With and without Antivirus and Firewalls.

I think the point is in the corruption of the .msf file...

That's why I'm searching a way of recover it...

Thanks

Norberto

Message 18 of 21 (2,421 Views)

★ Novice

thanks works like a charm!

Message 19 of 21 (2,290 Views)

★★ Novice
Be carefull,
you're going to loose all the regional progresses in that city. Btw you can move your money out of there...
Ciao
Message 20 of 21 (2,254 Views)