Re: Simcity - Offline Playing - Second City on Eternal Loading

by thiefste

Original Post

Simcity - Offline Playing - Second City on Eternal Loading

★★ Novice

I can not create more than one city in a region in offline mode. The game is loading the city forever.

I've already contacted the chat and the problem continues.

I was told to contact the developers, because only they have the diagnostic tool .

Message 1 of 17 (13,579 Views)

★★ Novice
I have this problem too. Completely breaks offline mode after one city in the zone. It starts the "Now Entering:" loading graphic but the name of the city never appears, and the sliding loading graphics go on in an endless loop. I have the Cities of Tomorrow, Amusement Park, and European landmarks expansions.
Message 2 of 17 (13,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem though I may have a workaround for you.  The first city I made starts alright, I load this up and choose the region view button on the bottom left side of the screen and start another city from here.  After starting new cities this way you can then load them the normal way going forward.  Not a perfect way to do it but it seems to work for me.  See how you go!

Message 3 of 17 (13,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked great for me, thank!

Message 4 of 17 (13,389 Views)

★ Novice

OMG, how can i ever thank you? 

why does EA not have this in their FAQ?!? 

I have been stuck with this city not loading problem for over a year! 

Thanks again, and to clarify for anyone who has this problem where the game only allows you to play a single NEW city in regions, and when you try to open another city it simply won't load - simply go into region view, select the new city you want to claim, and press claim.

Message 5 of 17 (12,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Definitely worked thanks
Message 6 of 17 (12,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same f***ing problem happened to me!!
And also worked starting the city from the last one...

Message 7 of 17 (12,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am too having this issue, and hope EA will fix this in a bug fix, but having this issue over a year I am not hopeful, glad to see there is a work around hopefully however!

Message 8 of 17 (9,037 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This issue happened to me after I had a bunch of HazMat fires and I plopped a couple of megatowers. The game started to lag a lot because of all the cars on the road, and, on top of that, I got a big lizard! The game crashed when another HazMat fire got serious. When I tried to load the game again, it gave me this message that I had to debug something and I needed to type in a password. I did, and it never finished loading. I haven't been able to play my city since...

Message 9 of 17 (9,016 Views)

★ Guide

Hello

I have this issue - given that the game is no longer supported - but still for sale - is there a fix?

Message 10 of 17 (8,669 Views)