Re: Simcity 5, Does Radiation ever go away?

by ParanormalBanana

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'd like to complain and wish I was able to put in my screen shot. there is NO reason to have "unsafe" workers in your plant when there is not one uneducated person in my city. My univeristy is full and I have a Science and engineering school for a good 5 years. 

they really screwed the pooch with this "sim" person alogorithm. Same thing happens with commerical buildings... you have a 3 to 1 ratio of residential to commerical and people just walk to the closest one and walk out.... on to the next... the third in the line miss out... 

poor poor programming 

Message 11 of 25 (7,381 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Over 75% of my city is unusable I had 2 plants and a lizard attack

Message 12 of 25 (6,807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If you have a meltdown, better start a new city, I had a city going for 15 years and the radiation didn't fade. And btw, good luck creating a functioning city for more than 20 years, with the 600+ sick people you will get from the polution.

I can't see why they can't offer a clean up facility. It stinks losing a power plant to a stupid lizard.

Message 13 of 25 (6,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just when I figured they fixed this mess of a game enough to get me started playing again. I was careful enough to make sure I had educated workers and everything, then your stupid broken disasters has to come along and run right over my plant. Now I find out it takes more time than my city has been alive just to get rid of radiation. Great, the one thing they actually instill some realism to, and it fks up the whole game, way to go EA/Maxis.

Message 14 of 25 (5,448 Views)

★★ Guide

this is pretty ridiculous that cities get destroyed permanently by the lizard: there should be a non DLC way to clean it up at extremely great cost--maybe university research + some really expensive hospital addon that you need to keep running (radiation intensive care center)

Message 15 of 25 (5,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

You can disable random disasters in the in game options. 

If someone in your region has Cities of Tomorrow you can also use some of their tech to help clean up your city even if you don't own Cities of Tomorrow yourself.

Message 16 of 25 (5,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Trees do help, turn off random disasters (does that mean its impossible to have a meltdown, even with unskilled workers ?)

Ground scrubbers is the new tech to clean up ground pollution (and turn it into air pollution)

Message 17 of 25 (5,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I read about the disabling disasters, for some reason I thought that was sandbox mode only, either it was never true, or it was changed/added, either way, thanks, I feel like an idiot, so much so that I almost slinked away from this thread in shame, but decided to just tough it out and admit my ignorance.

Also, yeah, I realize it's become Maxis/EA practice to allow broken things to remain so then they can charge us for DLC to "fix" it. So to the person posting about the scrubbers, thanks for the info, but IMO some form of EFFECTIVE cleanup should have been included with the base game.

Message 18 of 25 (5,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Guys, there is a solution. Just plop Ground Scrubbler on radiation area and watch how radiation vanishes Standard smile

Message 19 of 25 (3,181 Views)

★ Novice

looks realistic to me. radiation never goes away, it only fades a little. Ask hiroshima people.

Message 20 of 25 (3,170 Views)