Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
adamwarton

Simcity 4 deluxe edition serial number not working!

I have bought the Sim city 4 deluxe edition and when I type in the serial number on my Windows 8 laptop it says the number is invalid. I have typed it in lots of times and it is still not working! What shall I do?  

Keeper
czornuch1985

Re: Simcity 4 deluxe edition serial number not working!

I have the same problem but the funny thing is that I did go to the shop said what's wrong with the game so they swap it for me and just my luck this one doesn't work either 

MLadyD7
Topics: 39
XP: 3,828
Solutions: 1,918

Read through this thread, http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/SimCity-Serinal-number-can-t-work/td-p/1528815

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & Click XP if someone helped!

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin/Pogo
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM
-
----( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”----

Keeper
sawdustcaesar

I also have same problem I think it could be cause its windows 8. can any1 help?

EA_Francois
Solutions: 1,794

Where did you buy the game? Make sure you are logged in with the account you purchased the game with if you purchased it online. :smileyhappy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
S'il a répondu à votre question, cliquez sur "Accepter comme solution." Merci !

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Hero
dddibley

[ Edited ]

From what I've read, if it's a physical copy the game code should work during the disc install ( 5 sets of 4 alphanumeric codes)

If you're trying to redeem the code on the Origin site or through the client, you'll likely get an "invalid code". Those are generally used for digital purchases.

Also read that at one time, the SC4 game codes in the box were digital codes, by mistake.