Original Post

Re: SimCity won't start

★★★★ Novice

bump

Message 61 of 162 (3,514 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

SOLUTION:

find the SimCity folder, (right click on icon, open file location)

in the SimCity folder find SimCity User Data

Origin Games/SimCity/SimCityUserData

delete all the contents of the User Data folder.

SimCity launcher should now launch properly 

-- this was the solution they gave for if the launcher was stuck checking for updates but it also works here.

Message 62 of 162 (3,461 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

what if you don't have a desktop icon or simcity?

Message 63 of 162 (3,429 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

HELLO GUYS

-> This will not help everyone <-

Was searching for a solution ffor ->    Click Simcity 'play' in Origin -> simcity launching.... then nothing

My solve was not only running simcity as admin from pc (not from origin) but also launching Origin as admin

try it out worked for me
Again The servers are laggy and broken for maintenc This only solves the launcher not popping up The game still doesnt run after i launch it
This only solves getting the launcher to pop up

Message 64 of 162 (3,416 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Bump still can't get the launcher to start. Is there a way to create a log what the program is doing when it launches maybe we can find the problem there

Message 65 of 162 (3,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have had this problem for two days talked to two game advisors one asked me to change the compatibility to windows XP that didn't work. The other game advisor sent me an email on how to manually uninstall origin. That didn't work, I have tried checking updates, checking install, running both origin and SimCity as admin that didn't work. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it that worked but the long update made it annoying.

this only lasted until I closed the game once I reopened the game the problem came back.

Message 66 of 162 (3,352 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue and so far no supposed solution has worked, please fix this EA. Right now you have a group f customers who can't even get in the game let alone play it when they do.

Message 67 of 162 (3,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that is the same for me

Message 68 of 162 (3,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Bump. Having tried a variety of solutions from this board and other places I have still yet to see even the launcher for this game. Just getting as far as 'Launching Simcity...' from the Origin dashboard.

There's no error code indicated on any of the install logs. However, one thing I'm not sure about is a line saying: 'Installation registry missing. Game not yet installed.' It's there consistently each time I've installed, but I assume it's a reference more to the method of installation insomuch as the statement would be opposite if I had installed from a DVD initially rather than purchased a digital version? Anyway, just a assumption that could be nothing.

Some solutions posted by other that I have tried thus far - Thanks to those who posted these, it hasn't worked for me but I'm hopeful one might work for others.

- I've been uninstalling (Thoroughly) and installing the Origin & the game to various locations on different HDDs.

- Deleted game installers in Origin application settings (Though I've never seen anything in there previously)

- Deleted the simcityuserdata folder (Located in ....\Origin Games\Simcity\)

- Turned off Origin overlay in Origin>Application settings> In game

- Running both Origin and Simcity as administrator (Both for installation and execution thereafter)

- Started Simcity from the desktop shortcut

- Tried various compatibility modes

The simcity.exe process usually opens to somewhere between 18-23 megs, stays running for about 16 seconds and then disappears from Task Manager.

Fingers crossed this issue gets resolved soon.

Message 69 of 162 (3,313 Views)

★★ Novice

Uninstalled en installed Origin and it works! Yay. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 70 of 162 (3,271 Views)