Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
tjr79
Accepted Solution

SimCity won't load on Surface Pro

When I try to play SimCity on Surface Pro I get the error:

"We're sorry, an error has occurred"

"This game will not run in a virtual environment. Please use your main Windows environment to play"

This is my main Windows Environment?  I would expect this to just work.

TJ

Keeper
ep1s0de2

Re: SimCity won't load on Surface Pro

Why wasn't this tested before release with a Surface Pro.

The whole point of me getting the pro over the RT was because its still an x86 laptop

All of my other x86 games can perform without compatibility issues...

I can't test with another game, to see if its an issue with origin itself, or an issue with the game.

EA Forum support, please help, or get a patch as soon as possible

Sentinel
Darkwizard98

tjr79 wrote:

When I try to play SimCity on Surface Pro I get the error:

"We're sorry, an error has occurred"

"This game will not run in a virtual environment. Please use your main Windows environment to play"

This is my main Windows Environment?  I would expect this to just work.

TJ

You need a Special Origin Beta build you can get it here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/30/9291803.page

Scroll down and follow the instructions.

Keeper
ep1s0de2

Thanks darkwizard98,

This time I didn't get that error.

But I did get another error message, regarding an out of date video driver, saying to update it, code [0101]

The game still launched however, so I think I'm fine for now, its at the loading screen processing a large file, so we'll see.

I'll be back here if I have any more issues with the surface pro playing SimCity.

Keeper
chris24lee

had same exact errors.

got past the load screen.

seems the video card isn't supporting it. The music plays in the background but the screen goes dark with random flashes every so often.

Keeper
dctonkatruck

I was able to download the Beta for Surface Pro and it worked for  couple of game sessions, but I tried it earlier this week when connected to a second monitor and now the Surface cannot seem to get going. As described in one of the later commnts, the game will start and the screen will go blank. The triangle pointer will center and flicker and the music will play, but it never launches into the Splash animation or Start screen. The only way to get out of this is a hard reboot.

Keeper
sfdesigner

I'm having the same problem. I can't even access the Task Manager to force quit the app. Very frustrating since the Surface Pro meets all of the system requirements posted. Any updates on this?