Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lookout
IDKIDC007
Accepted Solution

SimCity on Mac os x maverick

ok, so i might get the update for my mac as it is free, and i was wondering if the game would run ok on the system.

my thingy is Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz

my other thing is Radeon HD 4670

i have 8gb of ram

will it be ok??? thx

Keeper
marabu61

Re: SimCity on Mac os x maverick

No, unfortunately SimCity does not work on Maverick, I made the same mistake myself and until now I could not find a solution. Anyone out there who has a solution?

Sentinel
BrianHanifin

SimCity works just as well for me on Mavericks as is did before Mavericks. What kind of problems are you having?

There is one issue with Mac support, but this affects all versions of OS X. This issue is that you can only play SimCity on the OS X user account on which you installed SimCity. I discovered this when I created a "Games" account that doesn't have all of the crap that loads on my primary user account. I devised a solution to that problem, if that is your issue.

Lookout
IDKIDC007

[ Edited ]
marabu61 what happened to you???
Lookout
IDKIDC007

brianhanifin, is simcity slow or anything on mac, i don't wanna waste my money so i am doin A LOT of research
Sentinel
BrianHanifin

I have a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro... I've had it almost 3 years now and SimCity runs fairly well... so long as I have all graphics settings turned down to their lowest settings. SimCity is a lot of fun, and somehow I have played almost 350 hours now.

But the graphics are not a beautiful on my computer as Skye Storme's videos are. But, hey, I'm on a laptop so I can't expect to have the best graphics and I'm OK with that. I have heard some Mac users claim that SimCity has better graphics if they use Bootcamp to boot their Mac to Windows. But, I must be enjoying the heck out of SimCity since I have played more hours than I can imagine and I have bought all of the add ons (i.e. Cities of Tomorrow, Amusement Parks Set, etc.)