Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
EA_Ursula
XP: 1,707
Solutions: 2,825

SimCity Nissan Leaf Charging Station

Need an extra incentive to go green in SimCity? Maybe you need a little boost in the form of the new Nissan Leaf Charging Station that is available today. This free in-game item is the perfect way to kick start your desire to create a city that will make you (and your Sims) happy. In the case of your Sims, In the case of your Sims, the Charging Station provides happiness to the Sims that use it and a onetime wave of happiness to the nearby businesses. Need another bonus? It produces no sewage or garbage. That’s right! Green indeed. 

To redeem the Charging Station, just visit this Origin page (http://tinyurl.com/cculs88) and then restart your game in order for it to appear. You will need to use the same Origin ID that you use to play SimCity

If you have additional questions, check out our FAQ below. 

FAQ 

1. What is the Nissan Leaf item? 
The Nissan Leaf item is the Nissan Leaf Charging Station. The Charging Station will be a new destination in player’s cities where their Sims will drive their Nissan Leaf cars in order to re-charge them. Once they leave the Sims will find themselves happier. 

2. How do I get the Nissan Leaf content? 
There are three ways to get the Nissan Leaf content into a player’s game: 
• SimCity Launcher: Players can click the advertisement and it will take them to the SimCity Origin DLC page. 
• SimCity In-Game Billboard: Players can click the billboard on the Menu screen and it will take them to the SimCity Origin DLC page using the in-game online browser. 
• Origin Online Store Page: Players can find the Nissan Leaf item by clicking this link: http://tinyurl.com/cculs88 
Once redeemed, you will need to restart the game in order for the Charging Station to appear in your game. This includes closing down the SimCity launcher if it is still open. 

3. Is there additional gameplay added? 
Plopping down the Nissan Leaf Charging Station will add happiness to nearby buildings. Adding the Charging Station will not take power, water or workers away from your city. Zoom in to the streets of cities and players will start seeing a percentage of their Sims from all wealth classes driving the electric vehicles. The Charging Station produces no garbage or sewage as well making it pollution free. 

4. Once I download it, where do I find it? 
You will find the Nissan Charging Station in the Power palette. 

5. Is this available worldwide? 
Yes. 

6. How much does it cost? 
This pack is free. 

7. How long is the content available? 
The Nissan pack will be available for download for six months starting on April 2nd Once it’s been downloaded into your Origin account, you will be able to access it any time.

Sentinel
democraticprawn

Re: SimCity Nissan Leaf Charging Station

So it doesn't reduce the air pollution in the city?

I would have thought that less air pollution would then help the health situation in a city. Or is air pollution (by cars) not part of the equation anyway?

It kind of leads me to assume that the game is now sponsored by Nissan, as I'm just an old cynic :smileyhappy:

Sentinel
rizendell

So this is what they have been working on instead of pushing out the 2.0 update.

Sentinel
notchucknorris

rizendell wrote:

So this is what they have been working on instead of pushing out the 2.0 update.

And exactly four weeks to the day of launch, my friend.

Keeper
jholloman1

Pay no attention to the fact you just got kicked out of your game with no maintenance notice and BEHOLD the shameless Nissan Leaf product placement  plug. The charging station does nothing for gameplay, but for some reason you feel the need to go out and buy a Leaf. 

Keeper
DoubleD177

I have this problem too! Still no patch!! :smileymad:

Lookout
wbetz8027

I have lots of horrible words right now...
Lookout
robertofbh

Keeper
fatalphantomace

Traffic, as some cities behold, can cause a problem with pollution, but mostly in severe cases. While the DLC may not have a great, if any impact on the integral game. It is kinda nifty to have something that will constantly increase happiness and make the traffic pollution less and less over time; However, I'm not sure how many sims may use it at a time, nor do I know how it will affect traffic jams in itself in much larger cities. Every electric car will head into this destination, but maybe the smaller electric cars will fit better in the streets?

With that said, can I get a DLC to legitimately make the highway entrances for certain cities two-ways and not the bottlenecks of a one-way ? <3

Lookout
stabbiae

Why not fix the game breaking bugs first, before adding extra frills?

What is the point of a bit of shameless advertising when the game is so broken it won't play, cities that won't load at all, computers and TVs that just vanish bankcrupting a city, continuos roll-backs, buildings that just stop working.