Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
psychotic007

[SimCity 5] ERROR CODE SMCY-25: Could not connect to the SimCity update server. Please retry or see the customer support link for help.

[ Edited ]

ERROR CODE SMCY-25: Could not connect to the SimCity update server. Please retry or see the customer support link for help.

Lookout
drxeno02

Re: [SimCity 5] ERROR CODE SMCY-25: Could not connect to the SimCity update server. Please retry or see the customer support link for help.

I am receiving the same issue. How do you resolve this conflict?

Keeper
djvillan

Re: [SimCity 5] ERROR CODE SMCY-25: Could not connect to the SimCity update server. Please retry or see the customer support link for help.

Yes EA, how about getting down of the big pile of cash you've taken from us all and actually answering the question? 

Keeper
adamekk95

off your antivirus

Operative
zackary1028

Some times it might be your internet connection. That's what happen to me. Once my internet got a steady connection it worked fine!!
Keeper
slenderluver

I do agree get of that cash load and help it wont let me update and it even says you game is not registerd i had to get a new code and every thing STILL WONT LET ME UPDATE!!

Marshall
Bazajaytee

SMCY-25 is caused when the files can not be reached to initiate the updater.

Give these steps a try:

• Disable any Firewall or add Port forwarding rules into your router/modem/software firewall including Windows Defender if it is enabled
  • Temporerily disable any anti-virus and/or Network Security software
  • Flush your DNS - Open Command Prompt and type: ipconfig /flushdns
  • Make sure you aren't blocking any EA IP's in your host file in Windows which can be found here (you will know if you did this or not as it requires manual editing): C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

If none of those work try running Wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/ which is a free network traffic mintor on your PC as you run the Updater. This will highlight what is getting blocked and when. Wireshark does not send any information to anyone. If you want to know how to use Wireshark, I did a basic guide for Battlefield years ago which you can see here - http://www.bazajaytee.com/wireshark-guide/ (if anyone wants to update the guide or host it somewhere else please let me know. I don't mind people sharing on other sites or using it but at least let me know you did :smileyhappy:)

Keeper
mattaki661

[ Edited ]

its an issue with your antvirus blocking the game from connecting to the server to update it.....i did this and it worked for me when i had that issue

Go to your antivirus then click your firewall tab, go to exceptions , then hit add,, so find and go into your simcity folders then go to the installer folder, then click on the touchup icon, and add that for the excetion, click ok then should be good.

doing this worked for me, it wouldnt let me update the game when my firewall was enabled, so i had to make an exception for it to work. hope this helps you