Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
artoreo
Accepted Solution

[Sim City] Promo Codes

[ Edited ]

Hi my name is Kimberly, I just pre-ordered my copy of SimCity and recieved a promo code for $20 off my next purchase of $30 or more. It also states that I have until March 4, 2013 to use it AND it also said that the offer expires on March 18, 2013... which is weird, why would there be two dates??  

It also says it is applicable to another copy of Sim City Limited or Deluxe Edition. So I wanted to purchase another copy of Sim City for my boyfriend however, when I apply the code, the page refreshes and nothing happens, the price stays exactly the same. And also there is no option to gift the product from me to him, and even when I try to purchase the Sim City expansion titles, it still won't work. I noticed that there is a gift option in the URL, where it says isagift="no", are u planning on implementing this soon?

I'd sincerely appreciate it if you can resolve this problem, it seems like a lot of people are experiencing the same thing. If it doesn't get resolved, I am highly likely to cancel my order and take my business elsewheres because there are other companies offering promos as well, but the best promo was the $20 off you offered. I understand that PR must be difficult in dealing with the huge fanbase you have, I just hope you  can resolve my issue quickly, thank you!!

-Kimberly

Keeper
arissian

How to apply the SimCity 20$ rebate on 2 copy of SimCity ??

Hello,

I want to buy 2 digital copy of SimCity. One for me and one to give as a gift for my wife. How can i buy 2 copy of the same game AND be able to use the 20$ rebate ?

Because i can't select 2 copy of the same game in my basket. Unless i can link the rebate on another transaction ?

Than you and have a nice day :smileyhappy:

EA_Nils
Topics: 252
XP: 1,187
Solutions: 1,264

Re: Promo Codes

artoreo wrote:

Hi my name is Kimberly, I just pre-ordered my copy of SimCity and recieved a promo code for $20 off my next purchase of $30 or more. It also states that I have until March 4, 2013 to use it AND it also said that the offer expires on March 18, 2013... which is weird, why would there be two dates??  

It also says it is applicable to another copy of Sim City Limited or Deluxe Edition. So I wanted to purchase another copy of Sim City for my boyfriend however, when I apply the code, the page refreshes and nothing happens, the price stays exactly the same. And also there is no option to gift the product from me to him, and even when I try to purchase the Sim City expansion titles, it still won't work. I noticed that there is a gift option in the URL, where it says isagift="no", are u planning on implementing this soon?

I'd sincerely appreciate it if you can resolve this problem, it seems like a lot of people are experiencing the same thing. If it doesn't get resolved, I am highly likely to cancel my order and take my business elsewheres because there are other companies offering promos as well, but the best promo was the $20 off you offered. I understand that PR must be difficult in dealing with the huge fanbase you have, I just hope you  can resolve my issue quickly, thank you!!

-Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

I assume you have this information from reading the fineprint at www.simcity.com/en/buy ?

The first date might have been how long the offer itself is available for anyone purchasing the game. Once the game is purchased, the promo code itself will have an expiry date.

Regarding it being applicable to another copy of SimCity, this is unfortunately not the case. Any games that will be released within 30 days are not eligible. There is currently no gift option available to gift games from your account to someone elses. The only way to do such would be giving them the code to enter on their Origin account, before trying to use it on your own account.

I hope this answers your question and you will find another game on Origin that you would like to play.

Cheers,

Nils

arissian wrote:

Hello,

I want to buy 2 digital copy of SimCity. One for me and one to give as a gift for my wife. How can i buy 2 copy of the same game AND be able to use the 20$ rebate ?

Because i can't select 2 copy of the same game in my basket. Unless i can link the rebate on another transaction ?

Hi Arissian,

Unfortunately this is not possible. You can only buy the game digital copy once per Origin account. As written to Kimberly, Sim City is unfortunately not a valid choice for the $20 promo code either, as it will be released within the next 30 days and any such game is exempt from the offer.

That said, I hope you can find another game on Origin that you would like.

Thank you,

Nils

Keeper
limelight346

eanils wrote:

artoreo wrote:

-Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

I assume you have this information from reading the fineprint at www.simcity.com/en/buy ?

The first date might have been how long the offer itself is available for anyone purchasing the game. Once the game is purchased, the promo code itself will have an expiry date.

Regarding it being applicable to another copy of SimCity, this is unfortunately not the case. Any games that will be released within 30 days are not eligible. There is currently no gift option available to gift games from your account to someone elses. The only way to do such would be giving them the code to enter on their Origin account, before trying to use it on your own account.

I hope this answers your question and you will find another game on Origin that you would like to play.

Cheers,

Nils

arissian wrote:

Hello,

Hi Arissian,

Unfortunately this is not possible. You can only buy the game digital copy once per Origin account. As written to Kimberly, Sim City is unfortunately not a valid choice for the $20 promo code either, as it will be released within the next 30 days and any such game is exempt from the offer.

That said, I hope you can find another game on Origin that you would like.

Thank you,

Nils

This is what my promo coupon said

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 4, 2013 AT 8:59PM PST. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES MARCH 18, 2013 AT 10:00AM PST. VALID FOR NEW PURCHASES OF SIMCITY DIGITAL DELUXE AND SIMCITY LIMITED EDITION (“PRODUCT”) FROM WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND PARTICIPATING RETAILERS. DISCOUNT CODE FOR SELECT TITLES WILL BE E-MAILED TO CUSTOMER ON DAY OF PRODUCT PURCHASE. LIST OF ELIGIBLE TITLES FOR DISCOUNT CAN BE FOUND AT http://store.origin.com/SimCityCoupon. VALUE OF DISCOUNT FOR SELECT TITLES WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR TOTAL ORDER AT TIME OF PURCHASE. DISCOUNT CODE REQUIRES MINIMUM $30 PURCHASE. VALID ONLY IN U.S. AND CANADA. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR OTHER DISCOUNT COUPONS. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING, HANDLING AND APPLICABLE SALES TAX. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.

So if our coupon expires on the 18th, than why would that text be in there? It clearly states that we can use this coupon on Sim City, nowhere does it say that this coupon is not valid for use on games that have been released less than a month ago. Why would you release a coupon that expires in 2 weeks, say you can use it on Sim City, then directly contradict your own offer, saying that coupons cant be used on games released less than a month ago.

Keeper
laughingstok

My promotional code also states "VALID FOR NEW PURCHASES OF SIMCITY DIGITAL DELUXE AND SIMCITY LIMITED EDITION (“PRODUCT”) FROM WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND PARTICIPATING RETAILERS."

This is plain english that it is valid for new purchases of SIMCITY DIGITAL DELUXE and SIMCITY LIMITED EDITION.

I would like to purchase a second copy for my spouse as well and have the option to use this promotion to do so, since it clearly states it in the disclaimer.