Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

by skrooth

Original Post

Re: Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

★ Novice

I understand getting people to be able to play the game has been a bit of a priority given the situation.  Though I think its not a good idea to break core gameplay aspects in the process of doing that.  Without the ability to share resources cities have to be completely autonomous which realistically doesn't occur.  I would really like to see this fixed since it makes it very hard to have any of the higher level gameplay impossible.  Can't run a tourist trap with out tourists, can't have a "crafting" chain if shipping doesn't happen, smaller town have to use valuable space to build structures that could otherwise be purchased from a major city nearby.

Message 81 of 349 (1,689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@skrooth wrote:

The region I have created has 1 city I am actively working, and 2 small cities I have created to take other roles.

The problem is that I have tried to sell power/water/sewage to the small cities, and they aren't taking it.  Additionally, when I am in the small cities, I cannot build the buildings granted by the upgrades in the city I have been working (Department of Finance, Oil HQ, etc etc etc.)  NONE of the region checks are going through.  Every city is acting like an island with no communication between them.

I thought this was supposed to be the point of always online.

I think I know the problem. I havent read all the comments so if someone already said this than im sorry. From what it seems it is a server issue where the game does not recognise that you have other citys. In my game it does the same thing and it says my other citys have 0 population and money.

Message 82 of 349 (1,682 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think they disabled it somehow so that servers can work ,and now servers are stable but multiplayer is useless

Message 83 of 349 (1,640 Views)

★ Apprentice

Do we have any sort of update on when / if this will ever be fixed?

Message 84 of 349 (1,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sharing resources/status checks DO WORK and they have been even after the patch. However, it will not work if you have not placed a Town Hall in your second city and have not requested the resources from your first city in region view. The Town Hall is a requirement in every city if you are going to share anything with other cities.

There may also be some lag/server issues where it may not process the requests for your region immediately, but those issues are generally isolated to the server you are on.

Message 85 of 349 (1,561 Views)

★★★ Novice

Last night i had my suspicions. I have a money generating city which i wanted to let it run to accumulate moolah to give to my gf to help with her educational city. the aggravating part was giving her money and then she be like where is the money?!... and i have to be like i dont know hunny lets blame EA; that seemed to do the trick. although she still didnt get the money.

but it was a repetative stress test (personal) when she is asking me for power or why havent you taken my garbage lol... I dunno hunny lets blame EA, their servers arent working...

and evidentally i look here this afternoon to find (and assume) they did infact cut thier nose in spite of thier face... Way to go EA... 

the user experience is f---ing meaningless if you cannot produce the fullest (see regional trade) experience. Like everyone else why even care about a city if you cannot evolve and specialize.

i have tried to stay off the "EA Hate Bandwagon" but at this point i cant help myself. Its been a painful experience when SIMS 3 crash to desktop occurs all to often before the alledge "nightlife" expansion fix... (3 expansions later for a fix)  At least you could save.

-- i cannot find my city i made on launch.

Message 86 of 349 (1,558 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ perditio44

I have the town hall and still not able to share resources (did not create a new region) ie give money, police, buy power, etc

Message 87 of 349 (1,551 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Sponge108 wrote:

@ perditio44

I have the town hall and still not able to share resources (did not create a new region) ie give money, police, buy power, etc

It must be a server lag issue then. I just did it last night on NA West 2, and it took a few minutes to kick in, but it worked. All I had to do was plop the Town Hall, make sure it had workers, and then I went to region view and chose the resources I wanted to share from my previous city. It took about a minute or two to recognize the other cities in the region, but I was able to get power, water, and sewage services from my other city in the region.

Message 88 of 349 (1,536 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wanted to chalk this up to server lag, but we were attempting multiple resource exchange and a time frame of a couple hours. I believe i am on NA East 2.

As a complete aside to this: who are the monkeys in the EA executive team (now i assume) did not give the respective resources to the division that runs your (IT) Infrastructure. Do any of you stop and attempt to communicate the parameters of a launch of a highly sought out franshise? Or, idea!, attempt to stress test with an open beta a month before launch, or even longer (i believe Dark Spore had an open beta at one point, but had several closed beta weekends (see 2011))... Clearly $$$ was all was seen; and an understatement to voice this as a disaster. What do I know? At least in comparison, Darkspore was a more successful always online launch!

Message 89 of 349 (1,522 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

noticed it in single player mode. But on a city with me & brother it works.

Message 90 of 349 (1,520 Views)