Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

by skrooth

Original Post

Re: Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

★★★ Novice

It doesn't work in private mode for me either. 

Just spent the last 12 hours or so building up a tourist/gambling city and was actually out of water in the entire region when I quit.  I couldn't get any of the services I set up in the surrounding area to let me buy them.  The main city had to provide all of its services itself.  I hit a bottleneck at about 300k citizens making about 1.5 mil a day but that started going down the drain soon as I completely ran out of water. 

I have tried 3 different games so far today and none of them allowed me to share resources with the neighboring cities. 

Message 41 of 349 (1,248 Views)

Re: Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

★★ Novice

I played for almost 20 hours before even noticing I couldn't gift resources. I'm trying to start a second city now (from scratch, since I can't share) and prime it to share with my existing city once the new patch comes out. At least I can play now.

To quote my heroes at Penny Arcade, "EA games come with free misery." I knew the risks when I pre-ordered this haha.

Message 42 of 349 (1,246 Views)

Re: Commuting broken?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I really hope this gets fixed.  Not even soon at this point.  Just fixed.

I wish I could tell my 11 year old self not to pick up SimCity 2000 in that bargin bin which ultimately led me falling in love with the series.

Message 43 of 349 (1,335 Views)

The education export does not work, no regional student go to middle school and university

★★★ Novice

Hi Simcity, the education export does not work. I have 2 cities, one mainly focus on industry, the other one is completely focus on exporting human power (That is my plan). However, my industry buildings are keeping low tech for a very long time. I put junior schools and city library in both cities. Middle school and University are only settled in the city for living. I have many vacant tables for middle school and U. But the citizens of industry city don't go to  them.

Message 44 of 349 (1,223 Views)

Re: The education export does not work, no regional student go to middle school and university

★ Apprentice

It appears that the entire region processing is broken right now. Seeing as this is done on the servers, I can understand why.

Message 45 of 349 (1,220 Views)

When are you going to fix region sharing/gifting/volunteer vehicles

★★★ Newbie

As is none of the inter-city services are working, so what is the point of actually creating more than one city to specialize in certain areas if you cant even share them with your other cities?

Can you just go ahead and let me know when the game is fixed so I can stop wasting my time until then?

If you're not ready to release the game, don't release the game

This is ridiculous, your devs need some serious oversight

Message 46 of 349 (1,219 Views)

Multi-Cities play in private region - Broken for me

★★★ Apprentice

So when i made region with 3 cities and did it privat , trading for resources like Electric, Water or Sewage don't work , I got BUY option but nothing happens after i use it.

I leave game run for 30+ mins , going STOP and BUY all over and over, but i can't get 1 city to send other Electricity !

Anyone else got similar issues?

On other hand when im region with other players all work fine, only privat region is either bugged or servers don't respond !

Message 47 of 349 (1,237 Views)

Re: Multi-Cities play in private region - Broken for me

★★★★★ Novice

It's the servers not repsonding.  You'll just have to wait...

Message 48 of 349 (1,233 Views)

Regions sharing is not working

★★ Novice

Gifting money for one city to another does not work and my regions can't share or buy or sell anything from my other city's in there region

Message 49 of 349 (1,315 Views)

Re: Multi-Cities play in private region - Broken for me

★★★ Apprentice
Unfortunately this is the problem with the way EA decided to make the game. If it were your computer running everything, the game would be flawless
Message 50 of 349 (1,224 Views)