Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

by skrooth

Original Post

Re: Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

★ Apprentice

It seems unreliable at best, all of last night they wouldn't connect,, the night before they would. Now it acknowledged purchasing power from a nearby town (i'm the only player in the region) and a few minutes later reported that it was no longer receiving power. It's also reporting the region population levels as way below what they actually are.

Message 91 of 349 (1,490 Views)

★★ Novice

I made a separate thread about this not seeing this one. But, yes, this isn't working as intended.

The night before, trading and commuting were in full effect.  Last night and today I made a new region with a friend and no resource sharing was possible, no commuting, etc.  We are connected via high density roads and have trains and everything.  But we can't share cop cars, fire trucks, sewage, water, everything.

I really wish EA would acknowledge this so we knew what is and isn't supposed to happen.

Message 92 of 349 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has this issue been resolved by EA yet? Some of the regional sharing facilities seem to be working for me now, but its inconsistent, Anyone else noticed elements of the region sharing/cooperation working. I was able to send a gift to another city and it did work, and I'm now recieving power from other cities.

Message 93 of 349 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just attempted to send a gift to one of my other cities, I watched as the armored van picked up the money and drove to the other town,,, the money never arrived, it simply vanishes into thin air

EDIT: the money finally arrived after roughly 15 minutes of waiting

Message 94 of 349 (1,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It seems that some of the sharing is working. However the departments and reasources are not. Half assed

Message 95 of 349 (1,418 Views)

★★★ Novice
yeah this is what i'm experiencing, it seems to be working but isn't reliable
Message 96 of 349 (1,414 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue endlessly. Here's a great example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVNt5id4Ke8

Message 97 of 349 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to extend upon this bug post and comment that plopping additional University buildings, i.e. the Engineering Division, does not check off prereqs for other cities in the region, nor does it provide the bonuses except to the original city.  For example, the Hazmat trucks in the fire dept.   The only prereq that is checked off in neighboring cities is that there is a university in the region.  The other two requirements (the specific school and completed research are not recognized as being completed). 

TL,DR - The University buildings are also bugged right now and completing research projects does not grant its benefits to any other cities. 

Message 98 of 349 (1,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Played with some friends last night, nothing could be shared btwn cities and this problem persists into today in a solo region. 

This is a game breaking problem. 

Message 99 of 349 (1,386 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for letting us know.  I and many others have been batting our heads against the wall wondering if we're not doing something right.

It would be EXTREMELY nice to have a separate forum catetory of Known Issues that only EA can post.  

Transparency is key especially with the state of things being the way they are.  Having to dumpster dive through this forum what with all the complaints makes it difficult to find key pieces of information such as this.  I was going to spend more time this evening and this weekend to try to see if it was something I was not doing correctly.  Now that I know this doesn't work right now, I won't spend time on this and just getting frustrated.

Message 100 of 349 (1,359 Views)