Re: Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

A few days have passed by since my last post and I would like to share the latest update with you regarding the city to city trading.

Yesterday evening Patch 1.5 was released and your game should update itself the next time you start the launcher. This update adds further optimizations to improve latency. As a result the region wall and city to city trading will be more responsive.

Full patch notes and a list of all previous patches can be found here or here. Both pages will be updated as soon as a new patch is available.

The development team will continue working on further improvements and bug fixing and we will keep you updated as soon as we have new information available. 

Thank you for your continued patience.

Message 291 of 349 (1,752 Views)

★ Apprentice

thank you for the information

Message 292 of 349 (1,731 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the update Dennis, but this patch hasn't resolved anything for me. I just came from a region where I have 3 cities: one serving power, one which can no longer buy power and one which is completely new. The new city is able to buy power from the one serving power, but when I play in this city I keep getting reminded that I'm buying power from the other city at regular intervals even after the initial connection between cities has been established - as if the connection is dropping in and out perhaps. This has been my experience before too, and ultimately it drops out altogether. My own connection to the SimCity servers is fine - it's just the connection between two cities that stops working.

Message 293 of 349 (1,717 Views)

★ Novice

Maybe I should enlist to EA Dev team and introduce that fancy new what'cha'call it.... "Burger-making"? no,... "Beta-testing", that's it.

Won't save the current release, but might improve things in the future, who knows?

Message 294 of 349 (1,712 Views)

★★ Guide

Dennis,

Thank You for providin some information. Do you have any sort of indiction as a timetable to address the many other conerns the players have?

By concerns I mean the many threads centralized here.

Thank You

Message 295 of 349 (1,671 Views)

★ Novice

Can some help me,

I have one city providing power for an other city right next to it, and have 2 more cities who have there independent power source.

The energy city produces 525 MW. The city itself is using up 254.2 MW. You could say that the power that could be transferred is 270.8 MW. Now the strange part, you can only trade 1/3 of that energy (found out by trial) -> 90.3 MW

It look like the amount of power is divided by the number of other city in the region. This would be strange because 1 city should have the right to make use of all the power.

If all city buy power from the one city (even if they aren't actually doing it) the total amount of power which could be transferred is correctly shown in the region view. But if you go to another city (and load it) the maximum amount of power available in the region is once again 90.3 MW.

Is there a reason for this or is this a bug.

Please fix it.

Message 296 of 349 (1,654 Views)

★★★ Novice

facing and fed up with this issues.. i rather play cracked game. are ea using cheap and unskilled labour to produce their games to extract max profit?

the resources are not properly sync. i already made electricity available by investing nuclear plant, and that city now incurring heavy expenditure due to the upgrade. i can turn back its to economy by developing the other cities which will supply alloy for the electronic factory.

but it doesnt happen as it didnt properly sync, update when i load between cities. i suspect this issues related to ea servers. this is simply stupid when one of the gameplay element that you heavily marketed is not working, almost at all times!

Message 297 of 349 (1,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My girlfriend and I sitting side by side in the same region sharing resources are still experiencing this EXTREMELY annoying FAILURE by EA.  Seriously!!  This is one of the key reasons we have been told for the always-on connection.  Region play...   it DOES NOT WORK!!  I am supplying my girlfriend with water but her city now has a deficit of 134 water.  I have an excess of 382!!  In her region view my city supposidly only has 157 excess water to sell.  So here there are two major flaws.  One: The excess water in her region view does not correspond to the excess water I can see I have available in my region view.  EA - YOUR SERVERS ARE NOT SYNCRONISING CITY DATA IN THE REGION!!!  For the love of god fix it.   And point two : even though the available water in the region view does not match (after at least 1 real life hour waiting) then why does her city not purchase the the 134 water her city needs when she can see that I have 157 excess??  Even though the 157 is wrong it is still enough for her to cover her deficit!  This is just one of many many many bugs I am experiencing. FRUSTRATING!!!!!! 

Message 298 of 349 (1,631 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You think you have problems sharing resources, try playing a region solo, it's even worse to impossible. I had to scrap all my plans to share resources, each city has to have a full set of services or it's doomed to fail with the state of the glass box servers at the moment.

I've approximated that I have to stay in a city for at least 15 minutes before any of the changes I make to the region sharing actually syncs with the server. If you try to switch between cities too quickly none of the changes you make to the region sharing options take effect. Also, you can't really share things with a city which isn't active, although I'm sure you should be able to, and it does pop up messages about sharing resources, the dodgey server syncing is making solo multi city play practically impossible.

Message 299 of 349 (1,626 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for responding. It is nice to know that you guys are working hard on trying to fix these core problems.

Message 300 of 349 (1,599 Views)