Re: Physically lost my product key, can I get a new one?

by Lawzza_333

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I doubt you can, but try http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ just in case

Message 11 of 20 (1,479 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Bcdmum2

me too i left the game in my pc and lef the case with the code in it in my room and now i cant find it, the e-mail is so old it was deleted,i had the $60 limited edition version, one year later i made a new origin account due to singleplayer being implemented and i cant play it so now its a waste of $60

------------------------------------------------------------

Even though the original thread is a year old, the issue is still the same.

Once you install SimCity, the game code and disc are never used again. All reinstalls are now downloaded from the SimCity entry in the Origin client "My Games" library of the Origin account you redeemed the game code on.

Your issue appears to be caused by creating a new account. The game is still registered to the old one unless you had it transfered or merged to your new account. Offline play does not require a new account. It was added to the last update, which is free.

If SimCity is still on your computer, there is no reason to reinstall. Just log on with the old info. If you don't remember that info, you could try contacting a game advisor (accounts) via live chat from your computer and ask them to verify the status and contents of any email (usernames) you may think SimCity is on.

1.Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2.Make sure you are logged in (top right)
3.Select Product ("Origin" for account related issues) Next.
4.Select Platform. Next.
5.Select a Topic. "Tell us a little more". Any text will do.
6.Live Chat
Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Message 12 of 20 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Easy, My House burnt down with the booklet in it.

Message 13 of 20 (1,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i lost my

Message 14 of 20 (1,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this post is old now, but it's the first thing that pops up on Google when trying to find a solution for a lost product key. I thought it might be useful for anyone who has this problem later on. 

I too, lost my product key - lost the whole game in fact in the move. But, I had the game installed on the computer and was planning on transferring it to origin (Which you need the product key for)

Step1: Open the windows start bar and search 'regedit'

Step 2: In the directory, expand SOFTWARE -> WOW6432Note (Will probably be different on your compyer) -> Maxis -> SimCity. 

Step 3: To the right, all product files should appear, including that magical code. 

Step 4: Copy and paste, or write down on another piece of paper

Step 5: Congratulations, you now have the product key again. 

Hope this helps any lost soul. 

Message 15 of 20 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i also lost my keycode for simcity can someone send me a new key code please

Message 16 of 20 (1,043 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sorry for reviving this post, but where did you go? Can't find anything.

Message 17 of 20 (798 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Not sure what you're asking? SimCity is downloaded and installed via Origin now - if you have an old copy on CD and you "lost" the CD and key, you don't need it anymore. Just log in to Origin under the account that had the game, and you can download it again.
Message 18 of 20 (776 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was asking about the redegist thing. I lost the key and didn't install the game before.

Message 19 of 20 (759 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I see - if you've never installed the game, then regedit isn't going to help you. That tip was to find the key if it was installed on your computer.

If you're saying you bought a boxed copy of SimCity, never installed the game, and have since lost the key - you're probably going to need to just go on Origin, buy a digital copy and install from there.
Message 20 of 20 (744 Views)